Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility in Hillsboro, Oregon, a city with a population of 92,886 people. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this is a very good nursing home. Based on our ratings, this place looks like a good fit for most people. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially wanted to note its excellent short-term care grade. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is generally a solid assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center?
We also found that this nursing home has received favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many nursing homes in this category. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is this facility's poorest area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it a respectable grade of B- for our long-term care category. Long-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of care. This means a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 96.99248 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 5.35% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 92.77% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 23.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 23.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 75.28% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Tuality Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away335 Se 8th Avenue Hillsboro Oregon 97123Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 681-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.05 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Providence Newberg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away1001 Providence Drive Newberg Oregon 97132Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 537-1555
- Hillsboro Dialysis Center2.83 miles away2500 Nw 229th Ave Suite 300 Bldg E Hillsboro Oregon 97124Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 681-9460
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC3.04 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161
- Cornell Road Dialysis5.54 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Pnrs Raines Dialysis6.17 miles away3201 19th Avenue Forest Grove Oregon 97116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 359-0593
- Pnrs Twin Oaks6.21 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Pnrs Beaverton6.48 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC10.43 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Pnrs Home Dialysis12.25 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320