Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility in Hillsboro, Oregon, a city with a population of 92,886 people. Sporting an overall grade of B, this appears to be a good nursing home. Based on our ratings, this place looks like a good fit for most people. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its nursing grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. The nursing category includes several subcategories, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other strengths is its elite short-term care grade. It received one of our most favorable grades in that area, with a grade of A-. Short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care. This facility was awarded a grade of B- for the area. For residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 96.92307 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 5.65% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 92.57% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Empres Hillsboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, 75.47% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Tuality Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away335 Se 8th Avenue Hillsboro Oregon 97123Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 681-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.05 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Providence Newberg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away1001 Providence Drive Newberg Oregon 97132Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 537-1555
- Hillsboro Dialysis Center2.83 miles away2500 Nw 229th Ave Suite 300 Bldg E Hillsboro Oregon 97124Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 681-9460
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC3.04 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161
- Cornell Road Dialysis5.54 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Pnrs Raines Dialysis6.17 miles away3201 19th Avenue Forest Grove Oregon 97116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 359-0593
- Pnrs Twin Oaks6.21 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Pnrs Beaverton6.48 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC10.43 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Pnrs Home Dialysis12.25 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320