Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit is a very-small hospital-based facility in Concord, Massachusetts. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Massachusetts. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite facilities. We really can't say enough great things about this facility. This facility was also given phenomenal ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Old Road to Nine Acre Corner,
Concord MA 01742
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this facility performed well in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Very few facilities performed as well in this area. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. It doesn't look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility was awarded an impressive score of A in our short-term care category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is typically a solid assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, this facility also was awarded an excellent long-term care grade, with a B+. This completed an elite report card. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Dci Walden Pond1.51 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham9.17 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis10.16 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford10.94 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981
- Wellesley Dialysis10.96 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham11.29 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Davita Woburn Dialysis11.49 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis11.57 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700