Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit is a very-small hospital-based facility in Concord, Massachusetts. With an A- overall grade, we rated this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the country. We really can not say enough favorable things about this facility. We also gave this nursing home phenomenal ratings in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Old Road to Nine Acre Corner,
Concord MA 01742
Get pricing and details on Concord senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this nursing home performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. We were not able to locate deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was given a high-end score of A in our short-term care category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. It doesn't look like this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing rating focuses on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, we gave this facility a A for our long-term care score. This wrapped up a first-rate profile. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerson Rehabilitation & Transitional Care Unit, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Dci Walden Pond1.51 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham9.17 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis10.16 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford10.94 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981
- Wellesley Dialysis10.96 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham11.29 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Davita Woburn Dialysis11.49 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis11.57 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700