With an address in Emerson, New Jersey, Emerson Health Care Center is the only nursing home located in this area. This facility is among the most elite nursing homes we found. This nursing home received one of the best ratings we offer. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 100 nursing homes in New Jersey. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite nursing homes. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which look to be equally strong as its overall rating.
Emerson Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also received A+ inspections in recent years. Its inspections are nearly flawless. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. It doesn't look like we were able to find deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its impressive performance in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for its short-term care score. Short-term care scores are meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerson Health Care Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. There are a variety of subcategories included in this area. Most of the datapoints are tied to nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home received a highly favorable long-term care grade. We gave it an A- in this area, rounding out a straight A profile. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.21466 percent of its patients, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerson Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Emerson Health Care Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Emerson Health Care Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Emerson Health Care Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced a UTI. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Emerson Health Care Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Emerson Health Care Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Emerson Health Care Center, 5.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Emerson Health Care Center, 92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Emerson Health Care Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Emerson Health Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Emerson Health Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Emerson Health Care Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerson Health Care Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerson Health Care Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood1.18 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus3.77 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack5.36 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Radburn Dialysis5.48 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis5.51 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Fmc Bergen Rcc5.72 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home6.09 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Davita Hackensack6.12 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875