Emerson Health Care Center is a large facility in Emerson, New Jersey. This facility is among the most impressive facilities we looked at. In fact, it received the very best rating. In fact, this nursing home made our top 500 list of the best nursing homes in the nation, which is an impressive list. If you look further down this page, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which appear to be just as strong as its overall score.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Emerson Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Emerson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we have deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Very few nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 96.11651 percent of its patients, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerson Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its first-rate assessment, this facility also received a superb short-term care grade, with a score of A. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Turning to our last area, this facility also performed well in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A in this area. This rounded out a straight A profile. When determining our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerson Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Emerson Health Care Center, 3.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Emerson Health Care Center, 0.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Emerson Health Care Center, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Emerson Health Care Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Emerson Health Care Center, 10.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Emerson Health Care Center, 0.77% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Emerson Health Care Center, 97.6% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Emerson Health Care Center, 5.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Emerson Health Care Center, 6.26% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Many believe that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Emerson Health Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Emerson Health Care Center, 6.26% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerson Health Care Center, 4.84% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerson Health Care Center, 84.31% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood1.18 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus3.77 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack5.36 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Radburn Dialysis5.48 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis5.51 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Fmc Bergen Rcc5.72 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home6.09 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Davita Hackensack6.12 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875