Emerald Trace is a small non-profit nursing home in Erlanger, Kentucky. This nursing home proved to be an A+ facility, which is the most impressive rating we offer. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better nursing homes in Erlanger, which has a strong selection of nursing homes. Finally, this wound up being a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong grades in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place ended up being a great nursing home is it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We weighed the licensure of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with residents, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerald Trace?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its fine assessment, this nursing home also was given a superb long-term care grade, with a grade of A. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last category, we awarded this facility an A+ for our short-term care score. This wrapped up a very strong profile. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is generally a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerald Trace Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Emerald Trace, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Emerald Trace, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which sustained falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Emerald Trace, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Emerald Trace, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Emerald Trace, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Emerald Trace, 8.14% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Emerald Trace, 89.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Emerald Trace, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Emerald Trace, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Emerald Trace, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Emerald Trace, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerald Trace, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerald Trace, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Erlanger, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Erlanger, Kentucky has 3 other nursing homes
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- St Elizabeth FlorenceAcute Care Hospitals 3.32 miles away4900 Houston Road Florence Kentucky 41042Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 212-5220
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.64 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.76 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 12.07 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.77 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Fmc - Boone County2.22 miles away7205 Dixie Highway Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 525-1060
- Fmc - Edgewood3.15 miles away210 Thomas More Parkway Suite 1 Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 331-0167
- Davita - Crestview Hills Dialysis3.21 miles away400 Centre View Blvd Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 20 (859) 341-5561
- Davita - Turfway Dialysis3.33 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 371-1263
- Davita-Turfway Pd Training3.33 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 4 (859) 647-2802
- Davita - 12th St. Covington Dialysis7.56 miles away1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Ste. 1100 Covington Kentucky 41011Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 261-4345
- Davita - Cold Spring Dialysis8.56 miles away430 Crossroads Blvd Newport Kentucky 41076Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 441-3981
- Davita - South Hill Dialysis8.97 miles away525 Alexandria Pike Suite 120 Newport Kentucky 41071Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 442-5539