Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a nursing home in North Richland Hills, Texas. The city has a population of 61,653 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A grade in this range requires some respectable scores. This facility seems to have a few things going for it. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on North Richland Hills senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection grade which is stronger than its overall rating. Inspection grades are associated with the facility's recent inspections. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded impressive long-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our more impressive grades in this category, with a grade of B+. This turned out to be the nursing home's second highest score. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.89706 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. Our nursing score features many factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This place averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, this nursing home really did not perform well. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is this nursing home's poorest grade. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. As you might expect, we discovered that this place offers far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents which experienced falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.89% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.91% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 30.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 11.86% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 98.11% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.02% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.84% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.84% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 11.52% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerald Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 72.35% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away10864 Texas Health Trail Keller Texas 76244Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 212-2000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- North Hills Dialysis0.89 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis North Richland Hills1.45 miles away6455 Hilltop Dr, Suite 112 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 485-8700
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center2.59 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- Renal Center of the Hills3.24 miles away6331 Boulevard 26 Suite 200 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 25 (817) 284-3343
- Northeast Ft Worth Dialysis Ct3.4 miles away4121 Denton Hwy Haltom City Texas 76117Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 581-1515
- Heb Dialysis Center4.28 miles away1809 Forest Ridge Drive Bedford Texas 76022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 545-4509
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Bedford LLC4.89 miles away1600 Central Drive Suite 130 Bedford Texas 76022Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 540-6084
- Keller Dialysis5.35 miles away11000 Old Denton Road Keller Texas 76248Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 337-5483