With an address in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Emerald Care Center Southwest is on a list of 32 facilities in the area. This turns out to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of C. This place seems to have a few things going for it. You should also take a look at this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Emerald Care Center Southwest
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility earned a short-term care grade which is stronger than its overall score. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned an B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerald Care Center Southwest?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. There are a variety of factors included in this category. Many of these criteria are tied to nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this category, which is a poor grade. This is certainly a major disappointment. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 94.871796 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerald Care Center Southwest Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who experienced falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 3.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 92.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerald Care Center Southwest, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.09 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Davita - Oklahoma City South0.23 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr0.56 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Davita - Cleveland Pd2.27 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv3.25 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Ou Children Dialysis4.28 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma4.84 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis4.91 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Fkc - Moore5.23 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626