Located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Emerald Care Center Midwest is on a list of 32 nursing homes in the area. With an overall grade of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Oklahoma City. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Emerald Care Center Midwest
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with a grade of A-. This is a notably better grade than the place's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Inspection grades are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor dings are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note that this nursing home received a great short-term care score. Indeed, it received one of our most impressive grades in this category with a score of A-. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is typically a useful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Emerald Care Center Midwest?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing grade is primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a low total compared to most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of D for long-term care, making this its worst area. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities offer. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 91.54929 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we expected but still a respectable figure. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Emerald Care Center Midwest Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 3.83% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 92.26% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Emerald Care Center Midwest, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 0.15 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Davita - Midwest City0.65 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Fmcna - Heritage Park1.33 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Davita - Rose Rock Dialysis2.1 miles away9913 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 732-1576
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis5.91 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis6.71 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City7.54 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma7.65 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Cleveland Pd8.18 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912