Elizabeth Seton is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts. With an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is ranked among the most elite facilities we looked at. In fact, we ranked this nursing home number 168 in the nation. This puts it in the top two percentile of all facilities. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar profile is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wellesley Hills senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing ratings are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility also earned an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. Inspection grades are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Elizabeth Seton?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its short-term care score. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, this nursing home was awarded another A+ for its long-term care score, wrapping up an amazing profile of A+'s in each of our categories. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elizabeth Seton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elizabeth Seton, 2.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elizabeth Seton, 0.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which have sustained falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elizabeth Seton, 1.7% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elizabeth Seton, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elizabeth Seton, 4.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elizabeth Seton, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elizabeth Seton, 100% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elizabeth Seton, 6.71% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elizabeth Seton, 8.56% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Elizabeth Seton, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elizabeth Seton, 8.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elizabeth Seton, 19.37% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elizabeth Seton, 85.68% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 7.28 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Brigham and Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 732-5500
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.17 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Wellesley Dialysis0.99 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston5.68 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham5.84 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Brookline Dialysis7.38 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner7.41 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)7.65 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis7.87 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Kidney Center8.1 miles away888 Commonwealth Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 739-3000