Elizabeth Scott Community is a small nursing home located in Maumee, Ohio. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the best nursing homes we found. This facility received one of the most impressive grades we offer. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Headlining this facility's exemplary report card is its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Elizabeth Scott Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing category weighs quite a few datapoints, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Elizabeth Scott Community?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its short-term care grade. This is a dominant rating. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most important for people in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing services. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, this facility was given a decent long-term care rating. Although this was not as elite as some of its other grades, this is still a middle of the pack score. In determining our long-term care grades, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living received by a nursing home's patients. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elizabeth Scott Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 20% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elizabeth Scott Community, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Maumee, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Maumee, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.5 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.53 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Usrc Maumee, LLC2.84 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center3.44 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis4.13 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC4.73 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.73 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis5.98 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Davita - Southland Dialysis6.04 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.6.15 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415