Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center is a small nursing home located in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. This nursing home received an extremely poor overall grade based on the data we looked at. Elizabethtown received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. This facility's only redeeming feature was its inspection grade, which we provide more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
320 South Market Street,
Elizabethtown PA 17022
94.52% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an D. The nursing category consists of several factors, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Our third area we analyzed is short-term care, where this facility was given an F. Short-term care grades are typically used to score a facility's rehabilitation services To have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this place is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the measures we looked at. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this facility didn't perform very well in this area either. With an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is really as terrible as it gets. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to only 71.75926 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who experienced a UTI. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 3.3% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 86.27% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elizabeth Manor Healthcareandrehabilitation Center, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- York HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.39 miles away1001 South George Street York Pennsylvania 17403Voluntary non-profit - Private(717) 851-2345
- Upmc LititzAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away1500 Highlands Drive Lititz Pennsylvania 17543Proprietary(717) 625-5670
- Pinnacle Health HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 16.01 miles away409 South Second Street Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17105Voluntary non-profit - Other(717) 782-5181
- Lancaster General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.01 miles away555 North Duke Street Lancaster Pennsylvania 17604Voluntary non-profit - Other(717) 299-5511
- Pennsylvania Psychiatric InstitutePsychiatric 18.09 miles away2501 North Third Street Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17110Proprietary(717) 782-4742
- Holy Spirit HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.13 miles away503 North 21st Street Camp Hill Pennsylvania 17011Voluntary non-profit - Private(717) 763-2100
- Davita - Elizabethtown Dialysis1.11 miles away844 North Hanover Street Elizabethtown Pennsylvania 17022Dialysis Stations: 12 (717) 361-0151
- Ldhb Middletown, LLC9.83 miles away1050 Kreider Dr., Suite 100 Middletown Pennsylvania 17057Dialysis Stations: 15 (717) 944-2327
- Home Dialysis Services Hershey, LLC9.9 miles away555 E. Chocolate Ave., Suite 102 Hershey Pennsylvania 17033Dialysis Stations: 5 (717) 500-5177
- m.s. Hershey Medical Center9.9 miles awaym.c. hu23, University Physicians Center 1400 500 University Drive Hershey Pennsylvania 17033Dialysis Stations: 13 (717) 531-5033
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.11.03 miles away345 Newberry Parkway Etters Pennsylvania 17319Dialysis Stations: 17 (717) 938-4654
- Davita Duke St Dialysis11.63 miles away901 E. Main Street, Suite 12 Palmyra Pennsylvania 17078Dialysis Stations: 12 (717) 832-1390
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Palmyra/Lebanon County12.2 miles away38-42 N. Londonderry Square Route 422 Palmyra Pennsylvania 17078Dialysis Stations: 16 (717) 838-6050
- Cedar Dialysis, LLC12.91 miles away479 Port View Drive, Suite b21 Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17111CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (717) 558-0290