Eliza Jennings Health Campus is a large non-profit facility located in Cleveland, Ohio. We awarded this nursing home an overall score of B which is a very respectable overall rating. It outscored the vast majority of the nursing homes in Cleveland by a significant margin. Even in a city featuring 25 nursing homes, this nursing home should be a perfectly acceptable option. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eliza Jennings Health Campus
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 97.76119 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Eliza Jennings Health Campus?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third highest area was its short-term care score, where it received a B-. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The final category we rated is nursing. This facility received a C for the area. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses were with patients, in determining our rating in this area. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this subcategory.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eliza Jennings Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 21.39% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 8.11 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis1.09 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis1.48 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis3.28 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Community Dialysis Center3.29 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis3.89 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4.38 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis4.62 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West5.7 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451