Eliza Jennings Health Campus is a large non-profit facility located in Cleveland, Ohio. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this is likely a solid facility. Even in a city with 48 other nursing homes, this nursing home turns out to be a perfectly acceptable option. The best part of this place's report card is its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Eliza Jennings Health Campus
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its impeccable government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category, with a grade of A. This is a much better score than the facility's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care rating is one of its best grades. The facility received a B- in this category. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 94.01042 percent of its residents, which is an above average statistic. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Eliza Jennings Health Campus?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a decent grade of C. Our short-term care scores are important for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The next area we looked at was nursing. We awarded this facility a D in the area of nursing, leaving this as the nursing home's weakest category grade. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This place provided only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eliza Jennings Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who had falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 90.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eliza Jennings Health Campus, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 8.11 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis1.09 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis1.48 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis3.28 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Community Dialysis Center3.29 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis3.89 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4.38 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis4.62 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West5.7 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451