Eliza Bryant Center is a facility in Cleveland, Ohio which has 769,341 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Keep in mind that Cleveland received a city grade of B-, so should look at some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection reports. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Eliza Bryant Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively solid government inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B in this area, which was much better than its overall score. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid nursing homes that had too many severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Nursing ratings are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared to most other nursing homes. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Eliza Bryant Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services To provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care. This nursing home received a poor grade of F in that category. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 47.38676 percent of its residents. This is significantly below the national average. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eliza Bryant Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eliza Bryant Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eliza Bryant Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which experienced falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eliza Bryant Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eliza Bryant Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eliza Bryant Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eliza Bryant Center, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eliza Bryant Center, 90.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eliza Bryant Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eliza Bryant Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Eliza Bryant Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eliza Bryant Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eliza Bryant Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.22 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.72 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Comunity Dialysis Center0.13 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.16 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Community Dialysis Center1.61 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis2.31 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program2.49 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East2.49 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation2.77 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center2.88 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880