Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For is a small government-owned nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio. This nursing home made our top 500 list of the top nursing homes in the nation. With over 15,000 facilities in the nation, this is an exclusive subset of nursing homes. In spite of Cleveland featuring 25 other nursing homes available, this nursing home managed to stand out as a first-rate choice. As you can see below, this place performed equally well in our category scores. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jul 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. In forming our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For?
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing score is based on numerous factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, we awarded this facility an A+ for our long-term care score. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.52941 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 13.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that have pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 1.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 5.88% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 14.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 6.15% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 95.5% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 12.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 22.33% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 22.33% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 12.59% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elisabeth Sev Prentiss Center For, 84.91% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 5.88 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Community Dialysis Center0.36 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis0.43 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis2.46 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis2.57 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis2.86 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis4.93 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Davita Rockside Dialysis4.99 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation5.06 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123