Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic is a large non-profit nursing home located in Reseda, California. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the United States. You really can not do any better than this place. Scroll down to find this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Reseda senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. There are a variety of factors included in this grade. Most of these factors reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was dominant in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. In our short-term care category, we strive to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic?
In addition, this facility also received first-rate inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, this facility received an extremely favorable long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that category, topping off one of our more impressive report cards. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 2.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 2.52% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 11.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 11.26% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 9.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 98.86% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 10.04% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 16.01% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Levy-Kime Geriatric Community Clinic, 16.01% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 10.23 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Lac/Olive View-Ucla Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away14445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342Voluntary non-profit - Other(818) 364-1555
- Davita-South Valley Dialysis2.06 miles away17815 Ventura Blvd., Suite 100 Encino California 91316CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 757-4520
- Davita Warner Center Dialysis2.8 miles away21040 Califa St Suite A Woodland Hills California 91367Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 715-9602
- Northridge Kidney Care Center3.17 miles away19333 Business Center Drive Northridge California 91324Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 709-9999
- Nrc-Northridge Dialysis Center3.3 miles away9325 Reseda Blvd. Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (818) 993-6700
- u.s. Renal Care Northridge Dialysis3.41 miles away18546 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 108 Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 886-3771
- Fmc-Woodland Hills Dialysis Center3.51 miles away19836 Ventura Blvd., Suite C Woodland Hills California 91364CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 713-9040
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Woodland Hills4.11 miles away5601 De Soto Avenue, Area 247 Peritoneal Dialysis Woodland Hills California 91365Dialysis Stations: 3 (818) 719-3610
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center5.05 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450