With an address in Saint Petersburg, Florida, Egret Cove Center is just one of 27 possibilities this area. This facility appears to be among the more impressive nursing homes we assessed. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. We could not find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are just impeccable. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Egret Cove Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it was given a grade of B+. It outperformed most facilities in this area. In our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Egret Cove Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In calculating our nursing grades, we look at both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this nursing home also performed admirably in our long-term care category. We gave it a B+ for that area. This finalized a very strong profile. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.71346 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Egret Cove Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Egret Cove Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Egret Cove Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Egret Cove Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Egret Cove Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Egret Cove Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Egret Cove Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Egret Cove Center, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Egret Cove Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Egret Cove Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Egret Cove Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Egret Cove Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Egret Cove Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Egret Cove Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 4.88 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis1.75 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- St Petersburg South Dialysis2.52 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg2.53 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.4 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg Dialysis4.33 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care4.65 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis4.79 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg5.04 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500