Egret Cove Center is one of a multitude of nursing home options to decide among in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This facility appears to be among the more impressive nursing homes we assessed. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. We could not find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are just impeccable. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Egret Cove Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Egret Cove Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home also earned a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Short-term care grades are typically used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of B+. This topped off a first-rate report card. Not many nursing homes earned a B+ or better in in each area we assessed. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.74608 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Egret Cove Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Egret Cove Center, 4.81% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Egret Cove Center, 1.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Egret Cove Center, 0.66% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Egret Cove Center, 10.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Egret Cove Center, 40.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Egret Cove Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Egret Cove Center, 98.83% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Egret Cove Center, 17.87% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Egret Cove Center, 22.1% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' health.
In Egret Cove Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Egret Cove Center, 22.1% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Egret Cove Center, 10.18% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Egret Cove Center, 65.34% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 15 other nursing homes
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 4.88 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis1.75 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- St Petersburg South Dialysis2.52 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg2.53 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.4 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg Dialysis4.33 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care4.65 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis4.79 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg5.04 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500