With an address in Saint Petersburg, Florida, Egret Cove Center is just one of 27 possibilities this area. It looks like this is a good nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Egret Cove Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall score, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.710144 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Egret Cove Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing ratings are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for short-term care. This is the facility's least impressive category grade. Naturally, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall profile to a certain degree. Short-term care scores are critical for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 2.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Egret Cove Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Egret Cove Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Egret Cove Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Egret Cove Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Egret Cove Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Egret Cove Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Egret Cove Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Egret Cove Center, 94.61% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Egret Cove Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Egret Cove Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Egret Cove Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Egret Cove Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Egret Cove Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Egret Cove Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 4.88 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis1.75 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- St Petersburg South Dialysis2.52 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg2.53 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.4 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg Dialysis4.33 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care4.65 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis4.79 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg5.04 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500