Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center is located in Edwardsville, Illinois, a city with a total of 33,748 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Edwardsville. The city has just two other nursing homes. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next section.
Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection ratings are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. There are many subcategories included in this grade. Many of these criteria reflect staffing levels. This place provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home wound up receiving a a terrible score in our short-term care area. It received a lowly F in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Not surprisingly, we learned that this facility provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, this nursing home did not perform very well in this category either. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 76.190475 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.87 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.3 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Community Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.31 miles away400 N Caldwell St Staunton Illinois 62088Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 635-2200
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 16.99 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.37 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.96 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis1.47 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis5.84 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis5.84 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Collinsville9.73 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Granite City Dialysis Center12.12 miles away9 American Village Granite City Illinois 62040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 452-5858
- Davita - Foxpoint Dialysis12.5 miles away1300 Schaefer Rd. Suite J Granite City Illinois 62040Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 451-8730
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois13.04 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584
- Fmc - Regency Park14.74 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634