Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center is located in Edwardsville, Illinois, a city with a total of 33,748 people. With an overall grade of B-, this facility surprisingly turned out to be the best facility in the city. Based on our assessment, this place has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this place's profile is its exemplary nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall score. Our nursing rating features a host of subcategories. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a positive score in short-term care. This nursing home received a grade of B in this category, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. In forming these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center?
This nursing home earned a solid inspection report this year as well, with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection grades are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This facility received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care, which is this facility's worst category. It received an abysmal F for this category, which is obviously a major disappointment. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 59.27602 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 30.45% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 87.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edwardsville Nsg & Rehab Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.87 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.3 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Community Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.31 miles away400 N Caldwell St Staunton Illinois 62088Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 635-2200
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 16.99 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.37 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.96 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis1.47 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis5.84 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis5.84 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Collinsville9.73 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Granite City Dialysis Center12.12 miles away9 American Village Granite City Illinois 62040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 452-5858
- Davita - Foxpoint Dialysis12.5 miles away1300 Schaefer Rd. Suite J Granite City Illinois 62040Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 451-8730
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois13.04 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584
- Fmc - Regency Park14.74 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634