Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab is in the large metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber generally indicates a few concerning datapoints. Based on our assessment, this place likely isn't a great fit for most prospective residents. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Sara Levinsohn
1530 Northeast Grand Blvd,
Oklahoma City OK 73117
45.84% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Even though we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we actually awarded it an excellent grade in nursing, where it received an A-. Few places fared better in this area. Our nursing score is mostly associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second highest category is its long-term care grade, where it was given a C. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of services offered by a facility, rather than more sophisticated services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated only 85.43689 percent of its residents against pneumonia. The last statistic we assessed was its hospitalization rate. Here we found that this facility had a relatively high 3.5 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Neither its vaccination record nor its hospitalization rate were strengths for this nursing home in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home just a D for our short-term care grade. This is not an impressive grade. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Considering its weak rating in this category, we were not stunned to discover this place offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 19.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
In the last category of inspections, this nursing home really did not fare well. It received an F in our inspection rating. This is our most heavily weighted category in our overall grading system. For nursing homes with poor inspection grades, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to residents. Finally, this facility also received 12 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 8.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 4.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 3.63% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 24.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 3.95% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 91.04% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 14.73% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 17.09% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 17.09 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 15.25 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 21 other nursing homes
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis1.83 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis2.76 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma3.49 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City3.5 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Midwest City3.84 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Fmcna - Heritage Park4.57 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Davita - Oklahoma City South6.24 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr6.31 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570