Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab is an average-sized facility located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Featuring an overall score of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. Keep in mind that Oklahoma City received a city grade of B-, so should consider other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong nursing score. You can continue reading to find out about nursing and other category grades
Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its high marks in the area of nursing. We awarded them an A- in this category. Our nursing rating is primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a respectable grade in the category of long-term care, where it received a grade of C. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 85.43689 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this facility was given just a D in that area. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be most important for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Given its abysmal rating in this category, we were not stunned to discover this facility provides substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 1.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Turning to our final category of inspections, this facility received a grade that's as bad as it gets. We weight this category more heavily than our other categories. When a facility has this poor of an inspection grade, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home was hit with one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by CMS had potential to pose actual harm to residents. Finally, this facility also received 12 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 3.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis1.83 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis2.76 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma3.49 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City3.5 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Midwest City3.84 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Fmcna - Heritage Park4.57 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Davita - Oklahoma City South6.24 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr6.31 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570