Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab is an average-sized facility located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Featuring an overall score of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. In our grading scheme, this is ranked as one of the bottom five rated facilities in Oklahoma City. In a city with more than 30 other nursing homes, you should be able to find an alternative. This place's only redeeming quality is its nursing score, which we provide additional information on below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Oklahoma City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it an A- for our nursing rating. This grade is far better than its overall rating. Our nursing score is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's next most respectable score is long-term care. As it turns out, with a grade of D in this area, it still performed somewhat poorly. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 85.43689 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly less than average. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse category was short-term care, where it earned just a D in that category. This is a well below average score. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more critical for people needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its score in this category, we were not surprised to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 1.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Turning to our final category of inspections, this facility received a grade that's as bad as it gets. We weight this category more heavily than our other categories. For places with poor inspection grades, you should focus on any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This facility was hit with one category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by inspectors had potential to create actual harm to residents. Finally, this facility also received 12 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 4.69% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 92.54% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edwards Redeemer Health & Rehab, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 15 other nursing homes
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis1.83 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis2.76 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma3.49 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City3.5 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Midwest City3.84 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Fmcna - Heritage Park4.57 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Davita - Oklahoma City South6.24 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr6.31 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570