Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, a city with 68,587 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. A grade in this range requires superb marks across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Florida. This is an impressive feat in a state with a long list of high-end nursing homes. We also gave this facility strong ratings in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Palm Beach Gardens senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall grade, we gave this facility an A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf assessment, this nursing home also received a dominant short-term care score, with a score of A. Short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Few facilities received a better grade in this area. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.3945 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Moving on to our last category, this nursing home was given a strong nursing rating. We awarded it a grade of A- in that area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Nursing grades are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.17% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.59% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 98.77% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.46% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.54% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.54% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 4.7% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 84.17% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 3.23 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Continental Dialysis Care1.49 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC2.05 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit3.3 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center3.93 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers4.31 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches4.59 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach5.14 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.61 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355