Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, a city with 68,587 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. A grade in this range requires superb marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all nursing homes in the nation. This nursing home also received phenomenal grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this facility earned an A+ inspection grade. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a very impressive long-term care grade. This actually turned out to be this facility's second most impressive category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 97.58242 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. There are a variety of factors within this category. Most of the datapoints reflect levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this facility also performed admirably in our short-term care category. We awarded it a grade of A- in that area. This completed a straight A profile. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is typically a meaningful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients that have suffered falls resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 94.61% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Palm Beach Gardens, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 3.23 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Continental Dialysis Care1.49 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC2.05 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit3.3 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center3.93 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers4.31 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches4.59 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach5.14 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.61 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355