Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, a city with 68,587 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. A grade in this range requires superb marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all nursing homes in the nation. This nursing home also received phenomenal grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this facility earned an A+ inspection grade. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, this facility received a top-shelf short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- in that category. In our short-term care rating, we strive to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home received a highly favorable long-term care grade. We awarded it a grade of A- in this category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.792496 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edward J Healey Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Scores for Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Palm Beach Gardens, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 3.23 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Continental Dialysis Care1.49 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC2.05 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit3.3 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center3.93 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers4.31 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches4.59 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach5.14 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.61 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355