Edmond Health Care Center is located in Edmond, Oklahoma. This nursing home received an overall score of F. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Edmond. The city has just one other nursing home. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Edmond Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Edmond senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were category J through L deficiencies. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to place patient safety or health in imminent harm or jeopardy. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also pleasantly surprised to discover that this facility earned a somewhat respectable long-term care grade this year. We gave it a grade of C in this area. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 99.64413 percent of its patients, which is an above average statistic. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Edmond Health Care Center?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is well below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category is short-term care, which is the final area we looked at. For this area, we awarded this facility a D. In determining these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edmond Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edmond Health Care Center, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edmond Health Care Center, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edmond Health Care Center, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edmond Health Care Center, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edmond Health Care Center, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edmond Health Care Center, 4.69% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edmond Health Care Center, 92.54% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edmond Health Care Center, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edmond Health Care Center, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Edmond Health Care Center, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edmond Health Care Center, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edmond Health Care Center, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Davita - Edmond2.26 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East3.37 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC6.66 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City7.13 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis7.42 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City8.6 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis9.23 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis10.15 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043