Edmond Health Care Center is located in Edmond, Oklahoma. This nursing home received an overall score of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Edmond. The city has just two other nursing homes. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Edmond Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't rate too badly in the category of short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a C in that area, which happens to be another one of its more respectable scores. Our short-term care grades are presumably more critical for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Edmond Health Care Center?
This nursing home did not receive favorable inspection reports in recent years. In fact, it only received a grade of D for its inspection grade. One of the more important factors in evaluating inspection reports is deficiencies. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility had a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had the potential to create actual harm to patients. Lastly, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed significant government fines of more than $50,000. This generally signifies that inspectors became frustrated after multiple years of failed health inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 97.413795 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edmond Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edmond Health Care Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edmond Health Care Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that sustained falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edmond Health Care Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edmond Health Care Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edmond Health Care Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edmond Health Care Center, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edmond Health Care Center, 92.49% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edmond Health Care Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edmond Health Care Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Edmond Health Care Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edmond Health Care Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Davita - Edmond2.26 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East3.37 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC6.66 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City7.13 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis7.42 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City8.6 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis9.23 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis10.15 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043