Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare is a small nursing home located in Kansas City, Missouri. This facility received an F, which is definitely concerning in our grading scheme. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 29 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11900 Jessica Lane,
Kansas City MO 64138
95% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a C for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Unfortunately, this place received a category L deficiency, which is not what we expected given its inspection grade. This category means CMS uncovered a widespread deficiency placing patient safety or health in immediate jeopardy. We are also concerned by the fact that this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we gave this nursing home a C for our long-term care grade, which really isn't too bad of a score. Our long-term care scores are based in part on the facility's volume of nursing care. This means a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home administered the vaccine to a relatively low 31.481483 percent of its patients, which is not a very encouraging sign. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
Tragically, this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. Short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. As you might expect, we discovered that this nursing home offers significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
The next category we rated was nursing. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this category, which is an abysmal score. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses spent with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This particular facility offered just 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away201 Nw R D Mize Rd Blue Springs Missouri 64014Voluntary non-profit - Church(816) 228-5900
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown2.17 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis3.28 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center4.28 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit4.83 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Fmc - Centerpoint5.32 miles away19401 E 37th Terrace Court South Suite 200 Independence Missouri 64057Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 795-6559
- Eastland Dialysis6.18 miles away19101 E Valley View Pkwy Ste E Independence Missouri 64055Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 795-6018
- Swope Dialysis6.22 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center6.58 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098