Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare is a small nursing home located in Kansas City, Missouri. This facility received an F, which is definitely concerning in our grading scheme. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 29 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this facility's overall score nor its category grades gave us many positives to write about. Its best area was inspections, but even there it received a D. This is a very poor grade. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Generally, you should be more cautious when considering a nursing home with severe deficiencies on its inspection reports. Tragically, this facility had a category L deficiency. This type of deficiency indicates multiple widespread threats to resident safety or health. This type of deficiency is toxic to a nursing home's inspection rating. We are also concerned by the fact that this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's next highest category is long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this category, it still fared somewhat poorly. Facilities that do not fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 30.500002 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be several points below the national average. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed is short-term care, where this facility received an F. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
The next area we analyzed was nursing. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in this category. Our nursing grade is largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility offered a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which have suffered from UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 4.11% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 88.89% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away201 Nw R D Mize Rd Blue Springs Missouri 64014Voluntary non-profit - Church(816) 228-5900
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown2.17 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis3.28 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center4.28 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit4.83 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Fmc - Centerpoint5.32 miles away19401 E 37th Terrace Court South Suite 200 Independence Missouri 64057Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 795-6559
- Eastland Dialysis6.18 miles away19101 E Valley View Pkwy Ste E Independence Missouri 64055Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 795-6018
- Swope Dialysis6.22 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center6.58 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098