Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare is a small nursing home located in Kansas City, Missouri. This facility received an F, which is definitely concerning in our grading scheme. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 19 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Kansas City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This place's scores are terrible across the board. We especially wanted to draw your attention to its inspection grade where it received an F. This isn't a good sign for its inspection reports. With nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection grade, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Tragically, this nursing home was assessed one category L deficiency. This type of deficiency indicates multiple widespread threats to patient health or safety. A deficiency in this category is very damaging to a nursing home's inspection grade. We are also concerned by the fact that this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the category of long-term care. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 14.285717 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is several points lower than average. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the category of short-term care. Short-term care scores are important for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing. This means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Given its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this place was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
The next area we graded is nursing, in which this nursing home was given an abysmal score in this category as well. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this category, which is obviously very concerning. Nursing grades are largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. With a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this facility's nurse staffing levels were well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 2.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 28.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 16.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 14.96% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 16.24% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 15.23% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edgewood Manor Center for Rehab and Healthcare, 15.23% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 18 other nursing homes
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away201 Nw R D Mize Rd Blue Springs Missouri 64014Voluntary non-profit - Church(816) 228-5900
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown2.17 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis3.28 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center4.28 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit4.83 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Fmc - Centerpoint5.32 miles away19401 E 37th Terrace Court South Suite 200 Independence Missouri 64057Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 795-6559
- Eastland Dialysis6.18 miles away19101 E Valley View Pkwy Ste E Independence Missouri 64055Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 795-6018
- Swope Dialysis6.22 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center6.58 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098