Eden Village Care Center is a large non-profit nursing home located in Glen Carbon, Illinois. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Eden Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a patient even once per day.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Eden Village Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given an impressive short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this nursing home was given an acceptable long-term care score. Although this is not as good as several of its other category grades, this is really not a major area of concern. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the vaccine to 94.89796 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable percentage. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eden Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eden Village Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eden Village Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eden Village Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eden Village Care Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eden Village Care Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eden Village Care Center, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eden Village Care Center, 87.49% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eden Village Care Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eden Village Care Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Eden Village Care Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eden Village Care Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eden Village Care Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eden Village Care Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.96 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.08 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.87 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Community Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.85 miles away400 N Caldwell St Staunton Illinois 62088Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 635-2200
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis2.63 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis3.36 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis3.36 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Collinsville7.22 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Granite City Dialysis Center10.17 miles away9 American Village Granite City Illinois 62040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 452-5858
- Davita - Foxpoint Dialysis10.7 miles away1300 Schaefer Rd. Suite J Granite City Illinois 62040Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 451-8730
- Fmc - Regency Park12.58 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois13.52 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584