Eden Village Care Center is a large non-profit nursing home located in Glen Carbon, Illinois. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Eden Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
400 South Station Road,
Glen Carbon IL 62034
45.62% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a patient even once per day.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Eden Village Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given an impressive short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this nursing home was given an acceptable long-term care score. Although this is not as good as several of its other category grades, this is really not a major area of concern. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 93.65854 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eden Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eden Village Care Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eden Village Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who had a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eden Village Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eden Village Care Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eden Village Care Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eden Village Care Center, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eden Village Care Center, 87.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eden Village Care Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eden Village Care Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Eden Village Care Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eden Village Care Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eden Village Care Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eden Village Care Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.96 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.08 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.87 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Community Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.85 miles away400 N Caldwell St Staunton Illinois 62088Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 635-2200
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis2.63 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis3.36 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis3.36 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Collinsville7.22 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Granite City Dialysis Center10.17 miles away9 American Village Granite City Illinois 62040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 452-5858
- Davita - Foxpoint Dialysis10.7 miles away1300 Schaefer Rd. Suite J Granite City Illinois 62040Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 451-8730
- Fmc - Regency Park12.58 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois13.52 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584