Eden Village Care Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Glen Carbon, Illinois. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eden Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Glen Carbon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its superb long-term care grade. We gave them one of our most favorable scores in that category, with a score of A-. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 94.76191 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Eden Village Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also received favorable short-term care grades in our assessment. In fact, we awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a score of B. Short-term care grades are important for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Moving on to the next category, this facility received a decent nursing grade. Although this was not quite as good as some of its other category grades, this is still not a terrible score. Our nursing score is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. While this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eden Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eden Village Care Center, 14.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eden Village Care Center, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents which have experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eden Village Care Center, 7.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eden Village Care Center, 14.08% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eden Village Care Center, 21.43% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eden Village Care Center, 1.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eden Village Care Center, 93.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eden Village Care Center, 10.13% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eden Village Care Center, 13.31% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Eden Village Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eden Village Care Center, 13.31% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eden Village Care Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eden Village Care Center, 60.83% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.96 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.08 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.87 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Community Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.85 miles away400 N Caldwell St Staunton Illinois 62088Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 635-2200
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis2.63 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis3.36 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis3.36 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Collinsville7.22 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Granite City Dialysis Center10.17 miles away9 American Village Granite City Illinois 62040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 452-5858
- Davita - Foxpoint Dialysis10.7 miles away1300 Schaefer Rd. Suite J Granite City Illinois 62040Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 451-8730
- Fmc - Regency Park12.58 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois13.52 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584