Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center is located in Eden, New York. Featuring an overall rating of B, this appears to be a good nursing home. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this place. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a quality facility is that it received an impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In that category, we gave it an A. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 93.25842 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be slightly lower than we expected but still a respectable percentage. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the third area, this facility also received a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The final area we scored is nursing. This facility was given a grade of C for this area. There are a variety of data points within this category. Most of the subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. While this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this metric. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 13.6% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 91.89% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eden Rehabilitation Nursing Center, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Western Ny Childrens Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 13.81 miles away1010 East & West Road Buffalo New York 14224Government - State(716) 677-7000
- Mercy Hospital of BuffaloAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away565 Abbott Road Buffalo New York 14220Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 826-7000
- Bertrand Chaffee HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away224 East Main Street Springville New York 14141Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 592-2871
- Kaleida HealthAcute Care Hospitals 16.9 miles away100 High Street Buffalo New York 14210Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 859-8620
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.99 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.02 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Davita Southtowns Dialysis6.84 miles away4910 Camp Road, Suite 100 Hamburg New York 14075CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 649-4072
- Davita Orchard Park Dialysis10.48 miles away3801 Taylor Road Orchard Park New York 14127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 209-7200
- Davita Renal Care of Buffalo13.55 miles away550 Orchard Park Road Buffalo New York 14224CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 677-0089
- Oishei Children's Hospital of Buffalo14.53 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 818 Ellicott Street Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 4 (716) 323-1765
- Us Renal Care West Cheektowaga15.88 miles away2861 Harlem Road Buffalo New York 14225CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (716) 891-7429
- Davita Buffalo Downtown Dialysis16.34 miles away520 Ellicott St Suite 100 Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 845-5101
- Us Renal Care Cheektowaga Dialysis17.75 miles away2875 Union Road, Suite 13 C/D Buffalo New York 14227CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 684-0276
- Erie County Medical Center18.87 miles away462 Grider Street Dialysis Unit Buffalo New York 14215Dialysis Stations: 36 (716) 898-1400