Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck is a very-small non-profit nursing home located in Slingerlands, New York. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the highest ratings that we offer. A score in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all facilities in the nation. We also gave this facility strong scores in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Slingerlands senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this facility also earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing grade is mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck?
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to alert you to the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our short-term care area. Short-term care ratings are crucial for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this category. This finalized a very impressive profile. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which had UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 13.75% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 90.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
- St Peter's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away315 South Manning Boulevard Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 525-1550
- Albany Medical Center HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue, Mail Code 34 Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 262-2400
- Albany Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.71 miles away600 Northern Boulevard Albany New York 12204Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 471-3490
- Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away2215 Burdett Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 427-3402
- Samaritan Hospital-St Mary's CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.23 miles away1300 Massachusetts Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 268-5000
- Ellis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away1101 Nott Street Schenectady New York 12308Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 243-4000
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.2.95 miles away176 Washington Ave Extension Albany New York 12203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (518) 456-2429
- Freedom Center of Westmere3.02 miles away178 Washington Ave Extension Suite 3 Albany New York 12203Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 407-0505
- Albany Medical Center3.21 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue Mail Code: 73 Peds Dialysis Unit Albany New York 12208Dialysis Stations: 6 (518) 262-3347
- Fms-Albany Regional Kidney Center3.22 miles away2 Clara Barton Drive Albany New York 12208CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (518) 434-6565
- Fms-Albany Dialysis Center4.64 miles away64 Albany Shaker Road Albany New York 12204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (518) 427-0473
- Dci-East Greenbush7.48 miles away583 Columbia Turnpike East Greenbush New York 12061Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 477-4217
- New York Dialysis Services Inc8.04 miles away16 North Greenbush Road Suite 102 Troy New York 12180Dialysis Stations: 13 (518) 285-6066
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.9.02 miles away30 Century Hill Dr Latham New York 12110Dialysis Stations: 12 (518) 783-1316