With an address in Slingerlands, New York, Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck is the only facility located in the city. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the best ratings we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percent of all facilities in the country. We also gave this nursing home impressive grades in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of A+. The nursing grade is based on a handful of subcategories, but the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our third category, we gave this facility a score of A for our short-term care rating. This is a first-rate grade. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home was given an excellent long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this area, finishing off one of our more impressive report cards. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 13.6% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 91.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eddy Village Green at Beverwyck, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
- St Peter's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away315 South Manning Boulevard Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 525-1550
- Albany Medical Center HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue, Mail Code 34 Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 262-2400
- Albany Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.71 miles away600 Northern Boulevard Albany New York 12204Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 471-3490
- Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away2215 Burdett Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 427-3402
- Samaritan Hospital-St Mary's CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.23 miles away1300 Massachusetts Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 268-5000
- Ellis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away1101 Nott Street Schenectady New York 12308Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 243-4000
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.2.95 miles away176 Washington Ave Extension Albany New York 12203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (518) 456-2429
- Freedom Center of Westmere3.02 miles away178 Washington Ave Extension Suite 3 Albany New York 12203Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 407-0505
- Albany Medical Center3.21 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue Mail Code: 73 Peds Dialysis Unit Albany New York 12208Dialysis Stations: 6 (518) 262-3347
- Fms-Albany Regional Kidney Center3.22 miles away2 Clara Barton Drive Albany New York 12208CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (518) 434-6565
- Fms-Albany Dialysis Center4.64 miles away64 Albany Shaker Road Albany New York 12204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (518) 427-0473
- Dci-East Greenbush7.48 miles away583 Columbia Turnpike East Greenbush New York 12061Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 477-4217
- New York Dialysis Services Inc8.04 miles away16 North Greenbush Road Suite 102 Troy New York 12180Dialysis Stations: 13 (518) 285-6066
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.9.02 miles away30 Century Hill Dr Latham New York 12110Dialysis Stations: 12 (518) 783-1316