Located in Troy, New York, Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is one of five facilities in this area. This facility is among the top facilities we found. A grade of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. We could not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its grades are impeccable. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong resume, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that category. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is often a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. When calculating our nursing ratings, we analyze both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place New York in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B+. This topped off a very impressive profile. Few facilities earned a B+ or better in every category. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.27273 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.6% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 91.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eddy Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Troy, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Troy, New York has 4 other nursing homes
- Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away2215 Burdett Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 427-3402
- Samaritan Hospital-St Mary's CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away1300 Massachusetts Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 268-5000
- Albany Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away600 Northern Boulevard Albany New York 12204Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 471-3490
- Albany Medical Center HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue, Mail Code 34 Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 262-2400
- St Peter's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away315 South Manning Boulevard Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 525-1550
- Ellis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away1101 Nott Street Schenectady New York 12308Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 243-4000
- Dci - Rubin Dialysis Center - Troy0.48 miles away1850 Peoples Avenue Troy New York 12180CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (518) 271-0702
- New York Dialysis Services Inc2.91 miles away16 North Greenbush Road Suite 102 Troy New York 12180Dialysis Stations: 13 (518) 285-6066
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.5.59 miles away30 Century Hill Dr Latham New York 12110Dialysis Stations: 12 (518) 783-1316
- Fms-Albany Dialysis Center6.06 miles away64 Albany Shaker Road Albany New York 12204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (518) 427-0473
- Albany Medical Center7.93 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue Mail Code: 73 Peds Dialysis Unit Albany New York 12208Dialysis Stations: 6 (518) 262-3347
- Fms-Albany Regional Kidney Center8.28 miles away2 Clara Barton Drive Albany New York 12208CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (518) 434-6565
- Dci-East Greenbush9.49 miles away583 Columbia Turnpike East Greenbush New York 12061Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 477-4217
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.9.74 miles away176 Washington Ave Extension Albany New York 12203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (518) 456-2429