Solivita of Echo Manor is located in Pickerington, Ohio. With an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. Keep in mind that Pickerington received a city grade of C, so should look at other options in the city as well. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Solivita of Echo Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
10270 Blacklick Eastern Road Nw,
Pickerington OH 43147
84.04% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Solivita of Echo Manor has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This place's scores are horrible across the board. We especially want to point out its inspection grade where we gave it an F. This isn't a good sign for its government inspection reports. When a nursing home has this poor of an inspection grade, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a threat to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing score is mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Solivita of Echo Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility received an F for its short-term care score. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. With its score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care, in which this facility received a bottom of the barrel grade here as well. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this category, which is definitely a major concern. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 90.40591 percent of its residents. This is significantly less than the national average. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Solivita of Echo Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents that experienced a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.74 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 13.4 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 14.92 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Fmc Canal Winchester, LLC0.87 miles away1310 Hill Road North Suite 100 Pickerington Ohio 43147Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 751-8660
- Kidney Center of Whitehall LLC3.56 miles away6038 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 866-4250
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East4.58 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis4.84 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224
- Fmc - Liberty Mid-America Dialysis LLC.5.41 miles away2355 South Hamilton Rd Columbus Ohio 43232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 367-1679
- Fmc - Central Ohio East6.79 miles away4039 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 338-8202
- Davita Pataskala Dialysis6.83 miles away642 East Broad Street Pataskala Ohio 43062Dialysis Stations: 8 (740) 964-1306
- Kidney Center of Bexley8.65 miles away1151 College Ave. Columbus Ohio 43209Dialysis Stations: 15 (614) 231-2200