Solivita of Echo Manor is located in Pickerington, Ohio. With an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. This place is just about as bad as it gets. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Solivita of Echo Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Oct 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Solivita of Echo Manor has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Pickerington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Even though this facility's overall score was as bad as it gets, it didn't perform as poorly in nursing. We awarded it a B- for this category. Nursing scores are primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures. Although this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this subcategory. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't grade out terribly in the category of short-term care. In fact, we gave it a grade of B- for that area, which ended up being among its better grades. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Solivita of Echo Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only received a grade of D for its long-term care score, which is not a score to write home about. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 92.15686 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.05 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
In our final category of inspections, this facility received an F here. Since this information is compiled by independent government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this area. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We would scrutinize the severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility had 4 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Solivita of Echo Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 10.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 1.18% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 0.41% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 9.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 23.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 6.22% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 94.75% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 7.47% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 5.4% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 0.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 5.4% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 14.63% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 69.31% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.74 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 13.4 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 14.92 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Fmc Canal Winchester, LLC0.87 miles away1310 Hill Road North Suite 100 Pickerington Ohio 43147Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 751-8660
- Kidney Center of Whitehall LLC3.56 miles away6038 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 866-4250
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East4.58 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis4.84 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224
- Fmc - Liberty Mid-America Dialysis LLC.5.41 miles away2355 South Hamilton Rd Columbus Ohio 43232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 367-1679
- Fmc - Central Ohio East6.79 miles away4039 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 338-8202
- Davita Pataskala Dialysis6.83 miles away642 East Broad Street Pataskala Ohio 43062Dialysis Stations: 8 (740) 964-1306
- Kidney Center of Bexley8.65 miles away1151 College Ave. Columbus Ohio 43209Dialysis Stations: 15 (614) 231-2200