Solivita of Echo Manor is located in Pickerington, Ohio. With an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. Although the city grade in Pickerington which is also just a D, you still should be able to do better. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Solivita of Echo Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Solivita of Echo Manor has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this facility's overall score nor its category scores gave us anything to write home about. This place's best category is nursing, but even there it received a D. This is still a well below average grade. Our nursing grade analyzes quite a few subcategories, however, the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Sadly, this facility's second best category was inspections, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Does this page answer your questions about Solivita of Echo Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this facility was given just a D in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is considered to be a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. As you might expect, we found that this place provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel score. Nursing homes that don't score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 90.551186 percent of its residents. This is significantly lower than average. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Solivita of Echo Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 20% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Solivita of Echo Manor, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.74 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 13.4 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 14.92 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Fmc Canal Winchester, LLC0.87 miles away1310 Hill Road North Suite 100 Pickerington Ohio 43147Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 751-8660
- Kidney Center of Whitehall LLC3.56 miles away6038 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 866-4250
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East4.58 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis4.84 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224
- Fmc - Liberty Mid-America Dialysis LLC.5.41 miles away2355 South Hamilton Rd Columbus Ohio 43232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 367-1679
- Fmc - Central Ohio East6.79 miles away4039 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 338-8202
- Davita Pataskala Dialysis6.83 miles away642 East Broad Street Pataskala Ohio 43062Dialysis Stations: 8 (740) 964-1306
- Kidney Center of Bexley8.65 miles away1151 College Ave. Columbus Ohio 43209Dialysis Stations: 15 (614) 231-2200