Ebenezer Ridges Campus is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Burnsville, Minnesota. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive grades. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. Scroll down to see this facility's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ebenezer Ridges Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Burnsville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Burnsville, Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Burnsville, Minnesota Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Burnsville, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing scores are mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out the fact that this nursing home was given a first-rate grade of A- in our short-term care area. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most important for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ebenezer Ridges Campus?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility a strong grade of B. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 97.583084 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ebenezer Ridges Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 11.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 1.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 13.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 12.2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 1.03% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 94.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 14.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 21.61% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 21.61% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 15.73% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 65.17% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 14.12 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Burnsville Dialysis of Davita0.25 miles away501 E Nicollet Blvd Suite 150 Burnsville Minnesota 55337Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 892-1117
- East Valley Dialysis of Davita4.73 miles away14050 Pilot Knob Rd Ste 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55124CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 423-4062
- Fresenius Medical Care - Lakeville4.78 miles away17592 Dodd Blvd Lakeville Minnesota 55044Dialysis Stations: 13 (952) 431-5851
- Scott County Dialysis of Davita5.15 miles away7456 South Park Dr Savage Minnesota 55378Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 226-4766
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.66 miles away20184 Heritage Dr Lakeville Minnesota 55044Dialysis Stations: 8 (952) 985-5438
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita6.69 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis7.76 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Edina Dialysis of Davita8.77 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371