Ebenezer Ridges Campus is the lone facility we identified in Burnsville, Minnesota. This nursing home is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. This place definitely has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Ebenezer Ridges Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its impressive overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating considers several factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. As a result, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our most impressive grades. In calculating these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ebenezer Ridges Campus?
In addition, this nursing home also earned first-rate inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our more favorable grades in that area, with an impressive grade of B+. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B-. Although this is its weakest category score, this is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. In the category of long-term care, we analyze the amount of services offered by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.376945 percent of its patients. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ebenezer Ridges Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 4.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 93.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 14.12 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Burnsville Dialysis of Davita0.25 miles away501 E Nicollet Blvd Suite 150 Burnsville Minnesota 55337Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 892-1117
- East Valley Dialysis of Davita4.73 miles away14050 Pilot Knob Rd Ste 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55124CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 423-4062
- Fresenius Medical Care - Lakeville4.78 miles away17592 Dodd Blvd Lakeville Minnesota 55044Dialysis Stations: 13 (952) 431-5851
- Scott County Dialysis of Davita5.15 miles away7456 South Park Dr Savage Minnesota 55378Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 226-4766
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.66 miles away20184 Heritage Dr Lakeville Minnesota 55044Dialysis Stations: 8 (952) 985-5438
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita6.69 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis7.76 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Edina Dialysis of Davita8.77 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371