Ebenezer Ridges Campus is the lone facility we identified in Burnsville, Minnesota. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of our better ratings. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities nationally. Scroll down to find this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Ebenezer Ridges Campus
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
13820 Community Drive,
Burnsville MN 55337
88.07% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Burnsville, Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Burnsville, Minnesota Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Burnsville, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out the fact that this nursing home was given a first-rate grade of A- in our short-term care area. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most important for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ebenezer Ridges Campus?
Turning to another of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection score. In that area, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of B+. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B. Although this is its weakest category score, this is nevertheless an above average score. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.77676 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ebenezer Ridges Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients that were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 4.58% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 93.31% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ebenezer Ridges Campus, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.69 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 14.12 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Burnsville Dialysis of Davita0.25 miles away501 E Nicollet Blvd Suite 150 Burnsville Minnesota 55337Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 892-1117
- East Valley Dialysis of Davita4.73 miles away14050 Pilot Knob Rd Ste 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55124CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 423-4062
- Fresenius Medical Care - Lakeville4.78 miles away17592 Dodd Blvd Lakeville Minnesota 55044Dialysis Stations: 13 (952) 431-5851
- Scott County Dialysis of Davita5.15 miles away7456 South Park Dr Savage Minnesota 55378Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 226-4766
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.66 miles away20184 Heritage Dr Lakeville Minnesota 55044Dialysis Stations: 8 (952) 985-5438
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita6.69 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis7.76 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Edina Dialysis of Davita8.77 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371