Ebenezer Care Center is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The city offers a host of options. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of A which is an elite overall rating. As a result, it is among the better nursing homes in Minneapolis, which offers some very good nursing homes. We flat out can't say enough favorable things about this place. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ebenezer Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a top notch nursing home overall, it also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Not many facilities performed better in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing ratings are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Ebenezer Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, this nursing home received first-rate short-term care score. In fact, it received a score of A- in that category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This category is often a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of B+. This rounded out an elite profile. Not many facilities earned a B+ or higher in in each area we assessed. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 94.07008 percent of its patients. This is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the nursing home population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ebenezer Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ebenezer Care Center, 6.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ebenezer Care Center, 1.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ebenezer Care Center, 1.89% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ebenezer Care Center, 23.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ebenezer Care Center, 4.19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ebenezer Care Center, 5.25% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ebenezer Care Center, 94.65% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ebenezer Care Center, 10.67% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ebenezer Care Center, 11% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Ebenezer Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ebenezer Care Center, 11% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ebenezer Care Center, 72.48% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 0.25 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 1.15 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 1.6 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.0.17 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita0.4 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit1.05 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis1.64 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Davita - Uptown1.65 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis2.27 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita2.76 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.18 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847