Eastview Nursing Center is located in Macon, Georgia. The city offers several available nursing homes. With an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a fine choice. Indeed, we ranked this nursing home as the third best nursing home in Macon. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Eastview Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also received favorable long-term care scores in our assessment. In fact, we gave them one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a grade of B+. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 93.22034 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastview Nursing Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. The nursing score considers several factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a C in that area. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastview Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastview Nursing Center, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastview Nursing Center, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastview Nursing Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastview Nursing Center, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastview Nursing Center, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastview Nursing Center, 5.28% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastview Nursing Center, 93.36% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastview Nursing Center, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastview Nursing Center, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Eastview Nursing Center, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastview Nursing Center, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Macon, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Macon, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.89 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 19.78 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Dsi Macon Dialysis2.56 miles away280 Clinton St Macon Georgia 31217CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (478) 743-9506
- East Macon Dialysis Center3.08 miles away165 Emery Highway Suite 101 Macon Georgia 31217CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 755-1144
- Macon Eastside Dialysis Center3.29 miles away640 North Avenue Suite H Macon Georgia 31211Dialysis Stations: 16 (478) 621-0542
- Kidney Dialysis Center LLC3.4 miles away640 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 742-5850
- Davita Dialysis of Middle Georgia Inc.3.68 miles away747 Second Street Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (478) 742-4211
- Dsi Macon Pine Street Dialysis3.72 miles away745 Pine Street Macon Georgia 31210Dialysis Stations: 18 (478) 742-5138
- Dsi Macon Hemlock Dialysis3.72 miles away657 Hemlock St Ste 100 Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 22 (478) 742-8001
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC3.77 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584