Eastview Nursing Center is one of six available nursing homes in Macon, Georgia. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Macon, which is a B-. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its exemplary inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eastview Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Macon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's higher category scores was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 95.29412 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastview Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only earned a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which is not an impressive grade. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With a grade this poor in this area, we were not stunned to find that this nursing home was well below average in many staffing figures we assess. The nursing home offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
The next category we analyzed was nursing, which was this facility's weakest category. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is clearly very concerning. Our nursing grade weighs many data points. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these data points to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastview Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastview Nursing Center, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastview Nursing Center, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastview Nursing Center, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastview Nursing Center, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastview Nursing Center, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastview Nursing Center, 4.8% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastview Nursing Center, 94.56% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastview Nursing Center, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastview Nursing Center, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Eastview Nursing Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastview Nursing Center, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastview Nursing Center, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Macon, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Macon, Georgia has 5 other nursing homes
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.89 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 19.78 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Dsi Macon Dialysis2.56 miles away280 Clinton St Macon Georgia 31217CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (478) 743-9506
- East Macon Dialysis Center3.08 miles away165 Emery Highway Suite 101 Macon Georgia 31217CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 755-1144
- Macon Eastside Dialysis Center3.29 miles away640 North Avenue Suite H Macon Georgia 31211Dialysis Stations: 16 (478) 621-0542
- Kidney Dialysis Center LLC3.4 miles away640 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 742-5850
- Davita Dialysis of Middle Georgia Inc.3.68 miles away747 Second Street Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (478) 742-4211
- Dsi Macon Pine Street Dialysis3.72 miles away745 Pine Street Macon Georgia 31210Dialysis Stations: 18 (478) 742-5138
- Dsi Macon Hemlock Dialysis3.72 miles away657 Hemlock St Ste 100 Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 22 (478) 742-8001
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC3.77 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584