Located in Daphne, Alabama, Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center is the sole option we found in this city. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is without a doubt a superb facility. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the nation. Finally, this is a very consistent facility with consistently strong grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Daphne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Alabama Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Alabama Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite facility overall, this nursing home also performed well in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Very few places performed as well in this category. Inspection scores are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A. The nursing score considers a number of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A. Very few facilities received a better grade in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This score is generally a useful measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we rated, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility finished off a straight A profile. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 9.43% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 3.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 19.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 23.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 1.24% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 91.17% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 13.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 14.98% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 14.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 10.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastern Shore Rehabilitation and Health Center, 76.71% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Eastpointe HospitalPsychiatric 1.73 miles away7400 Roper Lane Daphne Alabama 36526Voluntary non-profit - Other(251) 378-6500
- Thomas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away750 Morphy Avenue Fairhope Alabama 36532Voluntary non-profit - Private(251) 928-2375
- Usa Health Children's & Women's HospitalChildrens 11.37 miles away1700 Center Street Mobile Alabama 36604Government - State(251) 415-1000
- Mobile Infirmary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.6 miles away5 Mobile Infirmary Circle Mobile Alabama 36652Voluntary non-profit - Private(251) 435-4700
- University of South Alabama Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away2451 Fillingim Street Mobile Alabama 36617Government - State(251) 471-7110
- Springhill Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away3719 Dauphin Street Mobile Alabama 36608Proprietary(251) 344-9630
- Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.76 miles away6801 Airport Boulevard Mobile Alabama 36608Voluntary non-profit - Church(251) 633-1000
- South Baldwin Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.52 miles away1613 North Mckenzie Street Foley Alabama 36535Proprietary(251) 949-3400
- Home Dialysis Options of Baldwin County2.08 miles away27880 N. Main St, Suite A Daphne Alabama 36526Dialysis Stations: 4 (251) 626-1086
- Fmc Eastern Shore6.19 miles away124 Professional Park Dr Fairhope Alabama 36532CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (251) 928-7835
- Fmc Port City9.7 miles away201 St. Joseph Street, Suite B Mobile Alabama 36602Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 652-1025
- Fmc East Mobile10.29 miles away1217 Government St Mobile Alabama 36604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (251) 438-6917
- Fmc Dauphin Island Pkwy10.31 miles away2381 Dauphin Island Parkway Mobile Alabama 36605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 471-2505
- Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama Inc10.96 miles away65 North Catherine Street Mobile Alabama 36604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (251) 441-0868
- Fmc Mobile12.62 miles away2620 Old Shell Rd Mobile Alabama 36607CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (251) 476-2762
- Fmc Jaguar12.76 miles away575 Stanton Road Unit B Mobile Alabama 36617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (251) 476-0502