Eastbrook Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber generally indicates some red flags. This facility has very little working in its favor. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eastbrook Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Colostomy Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we gave it a B for our nursing rating. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. There are numerous subcategories within this category. Many of the factors reflect nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best category was long-term care. We gave it a C in this category. This is essentially a middle of the road grade in this category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to a relatively low 65.17857 percent of its residents, which is somewhat concerning. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastbrook Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a C. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The question is whether this also impacted quality of care. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
The final category we assessed is inspections. This facility didn't receive glowing inspection reports in recent years. As a result, we had to give it an F. With nursing homes that received this poor of an inspection rating, we would scrutinize the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, we also need to point out that this nursing home was assessed large government fines in recent years in excess of $50,000. This usually signifies that inspectors became frustrated after multiple years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastbrook Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 3.7% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients that suffered from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 0.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 14.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 13.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 49.51% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 77.74% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 15.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 3.32% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 0.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 3.32% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 15.14% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 66.64% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 44 other nursing homes
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 3.95 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center2.18 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.3.55 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid4.07 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Community Dialysis Center4.32 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis4.59 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program4.64 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East4.64 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Comunity Dialysis Center4.74 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668