Eastbrook Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. This nursing home didn't have any redeeming qualities. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Eastbrook Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
17322 Euclid Ave,
Cleveland OH 44112
76.14% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home did not receive any favorable grades. In particular, we gave it an F in the category of nursing. We weighed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is slightly below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our next category, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the area of long-term care. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit alarmed this facility administered the vaccine to just 66.666664 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastbrook Healthcare Center?
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its inspection score. This is a very important category. Scores in this range often point to red flags on the facility's inspections. For nursing homes with bad inspection ratings, you should focus on any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, we want to point out that this facility received large government fines in recent years of more than $100,000. This often means that a nursing home's bad track record spanned several years.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is short-term care. This facility was given an abysmal grade of F in this category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Given its abysmal rating in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home provides significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastbrook Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have experienced a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastbrook Healthcare Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 3.95 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center2.18 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.3.55 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid4.07 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Community Dialysis Center4.32 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis4.59 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program4.64 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East4.64 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Comunity Dialysis Center4.74 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668