East Portland Care Center is a small facility in Portland, Oregon. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. We rated this as one of the bottom five rated nursing homes in Portland. In a city with more than 30 other nursing homes, you will probably be able to find an alternative. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is nursing, which is discussed in the next section.
East Portland Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for East Portland Care Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Note: East Portland Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Even though we gave this nursing home an abysmal overall grade, we gave it a grade of B- for our nursing rating. In determining our nursing grades, we look at both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we awarded this facility a B- for our short-term care score, which isn't too bad of a score. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We were surprised to find that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about East Portland Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't grade out terribly in the area of long-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which turned out to be another one of its more respectable grades. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning our final category of inspections, this facility received a terrible score. We weight this grade more heavily than other categories. When a facility has this poor of an inspection rating, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This particular facility was hit with 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.51 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis0.72 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Oregon Kidney Center1.08 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Northeast Portland Renal Center1.13 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Portland Mlk Dialysis1.45 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC2.57 miles away4905 Ne Martin Luther King Blvd Portland Oregon 97211CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 288-7020
- Pnrs Home Dialysis3.19 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320
- Foster Powell Dialysis3.53 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Rose City Dialysis LLC3.81 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020