East Orlando Health & Rehab Center is located in Orlando, Florida. The city has many options. This facility is one of the top facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires superb marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which are also strong. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
East Orlando Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall grade, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for our inspection category. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.66443 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about East Orlando Health & Rehab Center?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing rating weighs numerous subcategories. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next category, this nursing home also performed admirably in the short-term care category. We gave it a grade of B+ for that area. This completed a very strong report card. In forming our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Orlando Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 2.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 11.81 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.52 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.02 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Central Florida Kindey Center-East Orlando0.62 miles away401 S Chickasaw Trail Orlando Florida 32825Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 434-8910
- Winter Park Dialysis3.27 miles away3727 N Goldenrod Rd Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 657-5262
- Orlando East Dialysis3.82 miles away11616 Lake Underhill Road Bldg 2 Ste 206 Orlando Florida 32825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (407) 384-1175
- Winter Park Home Pd Dialysis4.49 miles away4100 Metric Drive #200 Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 2 (407) 681-8730
- Winter Park Hemo Dialysis4.49 miles away4100 Metric Drive Ste 300 Winter Park Florida 32792CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 681-7600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Florida, Inc.4.62 miles away6848 Aloma Ave Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 673-5191
- Fmc - East Orlando4.7 miles away2200 North Alafaya Trail Suite 600 Orlando Florida 32826Dialysis Stations: 17 (407) 282-1506
- Orlando Airport Dialysis5.12 miles away5778 S Semoran Blvd Suite A Orlando Florida 32822Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 282-3835