East Orlando Health & Rehab Center is one of eight available nursing homes located in Orlando, Florida. This facility is among the top facilities we looked at. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also quite good. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
East Orlando Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Orlando senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our best scores in that area with an A+. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this nursing home performed well in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an elite score of A+ in this area. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.25373 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about East Orlando Health & Rehab Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing score considers a host of subcategories. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was short-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B+. This completed a very favorable profile. Not many facilities received a B+ or better in every single category. Our short-term care grade is generally used to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Orlando Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 2.53% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Orlando Health & Rehab Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 11.81 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.52 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.02 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Central Florida Kindey Center-East Orlando0.62 miles away401 S Chickasaw Trail Orlando Florida 32825Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 434-8910
- Winter Park Dialysis3.27 miles away3727 N Goldenrod Rd Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 657-5262
- Orlando East Dialysis3.82 miles away11616 Lake Underhill Road Bldg 2 Ste 206 Orlando Florida 32825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (407) 384-1175
- Winter Park Home Pd Dialysis4.49 miles away4100 Metric Drive #200 Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 2 (407) 681-8730
- Winter Park Hemo Dialysis4.49 miles away4100 Metric Drive Ste 300 Winter Park Florida 32792CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 681-7600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Florida, Inc.4.62 miles away6848 Aloma Ave Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 673-5191
- Fmc - East Orlando4.7 miles away2200 North Alafaya Trail Suite 600 Orlando Florida 32826Dialysis Stations: 17 (407) 282-1506
- Orlando Airport Dialysis5.12 miles away5778 S Semoran Blvd Suite A Orlando Florida 32822Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 282-3835