East Ohio Regional Hospital Long Term Care is a small hospital-based facility located in Martins Ferry, Ohio. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the best nursing homes we found. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires first-rate scores across the board. We were impressed enough to rate this nursing home as one of the 50 best nursing homes in Ohio. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's exemplary profile is its nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
East Ohio Regional Hospital Long Term Care
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
90 North Fourth Street,
Martins Ferry OH 43935
28.39% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. We looked at the skill-level of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with residents, in calculating our grade in this area. This nursing home boasts a really impressive 7.6 hours of nursing care per resident daily, of which a significant percentage of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly skilled levels of nurses. This is among the better totals of nursing hours we were able to find. In addition to providing impressive levels of nursing care, this place also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed as well as any nursing home in the state in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
This exemplary facility also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A+. Very few facilities performed better in this area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. This place excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided about 50% more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than the typical nursing home. This is typically a great sign. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in Ohio in this area with 63.8 percent of its residents returning home. For most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about East Ohio Regional Hospital Long Term Care?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next area, this nursing home was given an excellent long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in that area. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. It does not appear that this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In addition, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an impressive grade of A-. With this impressive grade, this place is one of the few nursing homes in Ohio to receive straight A's. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Ohio Regional Hospital Long Term Care Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Ohio Regional Hospital Long Term Care, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- East Ohio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away90 North Fourth Street Martins Ferry Ohio 43935Voluntary non-profit - Other(740) 633-4205
- Ohio Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away2000 Eoff Street Wheeling West Virginia 26003Voluntary non-profit - Private(304) 234-0123
- Wheeling HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away1 Medical Park Wheeling West Virginia 26003Voluntary non-profit - Church(304) 243-3000
- Reynolds Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away800 Wheeling Ave Glen Dale West Virginia 26038Voluntary non-profit - Private(304) 843-3230
- Harrison Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.34 miles away951 East Market Street Cadiz Ohio 43907Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 942-4631
- Wheeling Dialysis Center3.38 miles away500 Medical Park Ste 100 Wheeling West Virginia 26003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (304) 242-9135
- Belmont Dialysis at Crestview13.17 miles away68639 Bannock Road Saint Clairsville Ohio 43950CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (740) 699-0220
- Davita Steubenville Home Training Center18.55 miles away1799 Sinclair Avenue Suite 2 Steubenville Ohio 43952Dialysis Stations: 6 (740) 346-2740
- Davita - Steubenville Dialysis18.57 miles away1799 Sinclair Avenue Suite 1 Steubenville Ohio 43953CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (740) 346-2840
- Dialysis Clinic Inc.19.02 miles away4227 Mall Drive Steubenville Ohio 43952Dialysis Stations: 12 (740) 266-6687