East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care is a very-small hospital-based facility in Los Angeles, California. With an overall rating of B, this is a good facility. Even in a city offering 35 nursing homes, this nursing home turns out to be a quality choice. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive long-term care grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really performed well in our long-term care category, where it earned an A. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.297295 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. There are a variety of factors within this area. Many of the factors relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is short-term care. We awarded it a C in this category. This is a decent grade in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care, 8.11% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care, 5.41% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care, 7.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care, 10.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital Sub-Acute Care, 96.27% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- Fmc-Rai-East Olympic-Los Angeles0.38 miles away5714 East Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles California 90022Dialysis Stations: 24 (323) 887-0841
- Davita-Doctors Dialysis Center of East Los Angeles0.62 miles away950 S. Eastern Avenue Los Angeles California 90022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (323) 262-2229
- Davita-Monterey Park Dialysis Center1.92 miles away2560 Corporate Place, Building D, Suite 100-101 Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 780-8787
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of East Los Angeles1.95 miles away5220 E. Telford Street Los Angeles California 90022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (323) 269-2091
- Peritoneal Dialysis Center of America-San Gabriel Pc2.28 miles away809 S. Atlantic Blvd., Suite 103 Monterey Park California 91754Dialysis Stations: 2 (626) 576-8556
- Davita-Boyle Heights2.43 miles away1936 East 1st Street Los Angeles California 90033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 268-2729
- Davita-East La Plaza Dialysis2.46 miles away1700 Cesar E. Chavez Ave., Suite L-100 Los Angeles California 90033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 261-0484
- Montebello Artificial Kidney Center2.5 miles away3404 W. Beverly Blvd. Montebello California 90640CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (323) 728-7580