East Bay Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility located in Clearwater, Florida. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades that we offer. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it ahead of most of the facilities in Clearwater, which boasts a good selection of facilities. As you will find below, this place also performed well in our category scores. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
East Bay Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Clearwater senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ for its long-term care grade. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about East Bay Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was short-term care. In this category, we gave this facility a strong grade of B. Short-term care grades are often used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 3.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Bay Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients that suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 2.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Rai Care Centers - Largo3.08 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc3.09 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater3.63 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies4.04 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center4.04 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC4.25 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Fmc - Pinellas Park5.85 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- Lake Seminole Dialysis6.07 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180