East Bay Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility located in Clearwater, Florida. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades that we offer. This facility turned out to be one of the better facilities in Clearwater, which boasts a good selection of nursing homes. As you can find below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category grades. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
East Bay Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes fared this well in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among its many high-end grades, this nursing home received first-rate long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about East Bay Rehabilitation Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was this nursing home's poorest area. However, even its worst category would actually be a strength for many facilities. We gave it a strong grade of B for short-term care. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is often a useful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 3.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Bay Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Bay Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Rai Care Centers - Largo3.08 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc3.09 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater3.63 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies4.04 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center4.04 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC4.25 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Fmc - Pinellas Park5.85 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- Lake Seminole Dialysis6.07 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180