Eagle Valley Meadows is in Indianapolis, Indiana, which appears to have an abundance of nursing homes. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a well below average facility. Although this score isn't too far off the city grade in Indianapolis which is a C, you still ought to be able to do better. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eagle Valley Meadows
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our best scores. Inspection grades are based on many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an C. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, while this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared well in this metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Eagle Valley Meadows?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next best category was long-term care. Nevertheless, with a grade of D in this area, it still performed somewhat badly. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinates 99.570816 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care, in which this facility received a rock bottom score in this area as well. We gave it a lowly F for this category, which is obviously very concerning. Our short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. With its score in this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this place was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the figures we assessed. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eagle Valley Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 5.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 2.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 0.87% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 10.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 17.59% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 9.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 98.63% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 11.68% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 3.49% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 3.49% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 7.81% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 65.06% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 44 other nursing homes
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 12.02 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Davita - Eagle Highlands1.76 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West2.83 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Avon Dialysis3.49 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Westview Dialysis4.03 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center4.86 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Davita Speedway Dialysis5.63 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic5.72 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Dci - Indianapolis6.11 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005