Eagle Valley Meadows is in Indianapolis, Indiana, which appears to have an abundance of nursing homes. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is likely a solid facility. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Indianapolis, which is admittedly a bit below average nationally. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Eagle Valley Meadows
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our inspection grades are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we awarded this facility a B in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our higher scores. In our short-term care category, we attempt to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Eagle Valley Meadows?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-, which is a decent grade. Nursing grades are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it did well in this metric. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was long-term care, which turned out to be this facility's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in that category. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.76786 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eagle Valley Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who had falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that suffered from UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 12.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 91.56% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eagle Valley Meadows, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 12.02 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Davita - Eagle Highlands1.76 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West2.83 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Avon Dialysis3.49 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Westview Dialysis4.03 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center4.86 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Davita Speedway Dialysis5.63 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic5.72 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Dci - Indianapolis6.11 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005