Located in Saint Petersburg, Florida, Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center is on a list of 27 options located in the city. This facility is a lower end facility. A grade of this caliber indicates we found some red flags. We rated this as one of the ten worst rated facilities in Saint Petersburg. In a city with more than 20 other nursing homes, you will probably be able to find an alternative. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a grade of B for our inspections category. This grade is much more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an C. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is significantly below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this nursing home only received a grade of D for its long-term care rating, which is not a score to write home about. Facilities that don't fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated just 50 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.06 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category is short-term care, which is the last area we assessed. For this category, we awarded this facility a D. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is frequently a reliable measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. As you might expect, we discovered that this nursing home provides significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients which had falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 4.93% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 28.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 45.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 6.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 61.36% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 18.88% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 12.9% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 0.06 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 12.9% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 13.64% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 5.49 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis0.55 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- St Petersburg South Dialysis3.12 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg3.25 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South4.56 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg Dialysis4.82 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- Seminole Dialysis Center4.84 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Fmc - Pinellas Park5.02 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- St Petersburg Kidney Care5.2 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201