Located in Saint Petersburg, Florida, Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center is on a list of 27 options located in the city. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. We rated this as one of the bottom 10 rated facilities in Saint Petersburg. In a city with countless other facilities, you should be able to find an alternative. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection grades are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This facility excelled in our nursing category, where it received an D. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second lowest category is long-term care, where it received just a D in that area. This is a well below average score. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the place is not as well-staffed. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 50.892857 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly lower than the national average. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.07 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is short-term care. It received an F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. Our short-term care grades are likely more critical for people requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Given its grade in this area, we were not stunned to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected here. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eagle Lake Nursing and Rehab Care Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 5.49 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis0.55 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- St Petersburg South Dialysis3.12 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg3.25 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South4.56 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg Dialysis4.82 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- Seminole Dialysis Center4.84 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Fmc - Pinellas Park5.02 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- St Petersburg Kidney Care5.2 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201