D'youville Center for Advance Therapy is a small non-profit nursing home in Lowell, Massachusetts. Featuring an overall score of A+, this nursing home is without a doubt a phenomenal facility. In fact, this turned out to be the best nursing home in Lowell. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
D'youville Center for Advance Therapy
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lowell senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lowell, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lowell, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lowell, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is it received an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this very important category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about D'youville Center for Advance Therapy?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our third category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for its short-term care grade. This is a first-rate grade. Our short-term care grades are considered to be most critical for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this nursing home also performed admirably in the long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A in this category. This completed a straight A report card. For residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
D'youville Center for Advance Therapy Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In D'youville Center for Advance Therapy, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In D'youville Center for Advance Therapy, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.55 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 13.47 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.44 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford3.95 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell4.77 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100
- Davita Nashua Dialysis9.07 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc10.86 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Versailles Dialysis LLC11.08 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.11.96 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home12.67 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley12.73 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900