Dycora Transitional Health - Sanger is in Sanger, California, a city with a population of 34,999 people. This nursing home proved to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our assessment, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Dycora Transitional Health - Sanger
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Dycora Transitional Health - Sanger has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
The main reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. This is a much better score than the facility's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a favorable score in long-term care. This facility received a grade of B in this category, which is one of our more favorable grades. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. This nursing home seems to have performed reasonably well in this category as far as we could tell, but we do want to point out that we seem to be missing some information from this nursing home's long-term care reporting.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Sanger?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. Our nursing score consists of many components, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care. We gave this facility a C in this category. In determining these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 15.26 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 17.93 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- Sanger Sequoia Dialysis Center0.22 miles away2517 Jensen Avenue Building B Sanger California 93657CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 876-3852
- Selma Dialysis Center9.4 miles away2711 Cinema Way #111 Selma California 93662CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 891-2750
- Fmc Fresno Airport East9.57 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Ash Tree Dialysis10.06 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- Bma of Central Valley Rural Dialysis10.14 miles away810 E. Manning Ave Reedley California 93654Dialysis Stations: 17 (559) 637-1676
- Community Dialysis Center - Clovis10.79 miles away501 North Medical Center Dr East, Suite 1100 Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 12 (559) 324-4030
- Fmc Clovis11.29 miles away2585 Alluvial Ave Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 25 (559) 324-8023
- Community Dialysis Center11.99 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901