With an address in Galt, California, Dycora Transitional Health - Galt is the lone nursing home we were able to find in this area. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a decent facility. As far as we can see, this place ought to be a solid choice for most people. We were also pleased to find that this place was consistent in all of our categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Dycora Transitional Health - Galt
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
144 F Street,
Galt CA 95632
97.77% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Dycora Transitional Health - Galt has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To pair with its decent overall grade, we gave this facility an A for its inspection grade. This grade is far better than its overall score. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next highest category grade in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this area, which is a respectable score. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Galt?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a C. Our long-term care grade is often used to measure a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we scored was nursing. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of C. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a low total compared with most other nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed well in this statistic. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 16.25 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 16.88 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- St Joseph's Medical Center of StocktonAcute Care Hospitals 19.3 miles away1800 N California St Stockton California 95204Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 943-2000
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.93 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- Tokay Dialysis Center8.35 miles away312 South Fairmont Avenue Suite A Lodi California 95240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 369-5418
- Lodi Dialysis Center9.28 miles away1610 West Kettleman Lane, Suite D Lodi California 95242CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (209) 334-9888
- Rai Elk Grove Blvd.12.56 miles away8139 Elk Grove Boulevard Suite 200 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 478-3520
- Elk Grove Dialysis12.86 miles away9281 Office Park Circle #105 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 691-0480
- Calvine Dialysis Center15.8 miles away8243 E Stockton Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95828CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 682-6655
- Calvine Home Training Center15.84 miles away8231 East Stockton Blvd. Suite A Sacramento California 95828Dialysis Stations: 6 (916) 689-4254
- West Elk Grove Dialysis Center15.85 miles away2208 Kausen Drive Suite 100 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 683-5992
- Delta Sierra Dialysis Center16.36 miles away555 West Benjamin Holt Drive #200 Stockton California 95207CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 473-2294