Fresno Nursing Center is a small nursing home located in Fresno, California. We gave this nursing home an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Fresno. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fresno Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fresno senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Although this facility's overall score was horrible, it surprisingly fared well in the area of long-term care. We awarded it a B for that category, which is one of our better scores. This is one of the only positive things we can write about this place. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.48718 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to discover that this nursing home earned a reasonably solid short-term care grade in our assessment. We gave it a grade of C in that category. In forming these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Fresno Nursing Center?
This nursing home received very poor inspections in recent years, causing them to receive a lowly F in our inspection category. An F in this category is usually a sign that there were some red flags on the nursing home's government inspections. When a facility has this poor of an inspection score, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This facility had 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 2 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
The next category we rated is nursing. This facility received a very poor grade of F in this area. There are a host of data points included in this grade. Many of the subcategories reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fresno Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fresno Nursing Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fresno Nursing Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fresno Nursing Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fresno Nursing Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fresno Nursing Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fresno Nursing Center, 5.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fresno Nursing Center, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fresno Nursing Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fresno Nursing Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Fresno Nursing Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fresno Nursing Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fresno Nursing Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fresno Nursing Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fresno, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Fresno, California has 10 other nursing homes
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 7.12 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- San Joaquin Valley Dialysis0.1 miles away3636 North First #144 Fresno California 93726CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (559) 221-6311
- Ash Tree Dialysis2.46 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- Community Dialysis Center2.79 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901
- Fmc Fresno Airport East2.92 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Davita Herndon Dialysis Center3.71 miles away560 E Herndon Ave, Ste 101 Fresno California 93720CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (559) 432-5278
- Fmc North Fresno Dialysis4.13 miles away6737 N. Willow Bldg C Fresno California 93710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (559) 324-1070
- Palm Bluffs Dialysis Center4.66 miles away770 West Pinedale Ave Fresno California 93711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (559) 438-8512
- Fresno Dialysis Center6.07 miles away4753 West Shaw Avenue, Suite 101 Fresno California 93722CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 276-4231