Dwyer Home is a small non-profit nursing home located in South Weymouth, Massachusetts. This nursing home is an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the best scores that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires excellent scores across the board. We were impressed enough to rank this nursing home as one of the top 50 nursing homes in Massachusetts. This also wound up being a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it received a strong short-term care score. This turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. With our short-term care score, we strive to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home has received near flawless inspections recently. We awarded them an A in this area. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Dwyer Home?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing score assesses a handful of datapoints, most of which are based on nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, we awarded this facility an A for its long-term care grade. This finished off a very strong report card. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 96.15385 percent of its patients, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dwyer Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dwyer Home, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dwyer Home, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients who had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dwyer Home, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dwyer Home, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dwyer Home, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dwyer Home, 1.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dwyer Home, 91.63% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dwyer Home, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dwyer Home, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Dwyer Home, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dwyer Home, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dwyer Home, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dwyer Home, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.31 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis2.3 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis3.29 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center4.05 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center6.74 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility6.89 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC6.96 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC8.19 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)10.21 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475