Dutchtown Care Center is an average-sized nursing home in Saint Louis, Missouri. With an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. This place does not seem to have much going for it. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Dutchtown Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Saint Louis MO 63118
33.75% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Dutchtown Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall grade was rock bottom, it didn't perform as badly in the area of nursing. We gave it a B- for this category. Our nursing grade includes quite a few components, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a low total compared to most facilities. Lastly, while this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for its short-term care rating, which really isn't too bad of a score. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dutchtown Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given an F. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 98.82353 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
In our last category of inspections, this nursing home received an F here. Since this data is compiled by government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this category. For places with bad inspection scores, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a threat to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dutchtown Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dutchtown Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dutchtown Care Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dutchtown Care Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dutchtown Care Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dutchtown Care Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dutchtown Care Center, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dutchtown Care Center, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dutchtown Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dutchtown Care Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Dutchtown Care Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dutchtown Care Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.83 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.76 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.21 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- South City Dialysis0.94 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.75 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand2.87 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau3.13 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- Rai Care Center -Hampton3.13 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- Davita - Sauget Dialysis Center3.28 miles away2061 Goose Lake Road East Saint Louis Illinois 62206CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 332-7801
- St. Louis Dialysis Center3.48 miles away2610 Clark Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 534-0909
- Forest Park Kidney Center3.76 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800