Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Duncanville, Texas. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. This nursing home did not have much going for it. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Duncanville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was terrible, it performed pretty well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with too many deficiencies flagged. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this facility an D. There are a number of factors within this area. Many of these subcategories relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care score. This is not an impressive grade. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 99.649124 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is short-term care. This nursing home received an abysmal grade of F in this area. In calculating these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Given its weak grade in this category, we were not stunned to discover this facility provided far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 5.07% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.72% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents that sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 13.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.78% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 99.82% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 29.34% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.62% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.62% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 10.18% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 66.89% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Crescent Medical Center LancasterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away2600 West Pleasant Run Road Lancaster Texas 75146Physician(972) 230-8888
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 11.41 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Liberty Dialysis - Charlton0.79 miles away3571 W Wheatland Road Suite 103 Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 518-5731
- Redbird Dialysis Center1.01 miles away4111 Camp Wisdom Rd Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (972) 709-0212
- Liberty Dialysis - Duncanville1.18 miles away1038 Us Highway 67 Duncanville Texas 75137CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 302-0238
- Duncanville Dialysis1.68 miles away270 E Highway 67, Suite 100 Duncanville Texas 75137Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 296-4911
- Fmc South Dallas County4.14 miles away1111 W Ledbetter Drive Suite 800 Dallas Texas 75224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (214) 371-2485
- Desoto Regional Dialysis Center LLC4.54 miles away2651 Bolton Boone Drive Building B Desoto Texas 75115CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 780-5991
- Lynwick Dialysis, LLC4.67 miles away439 E Fm 1382 Cedar Hill Texas 75104Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 291-5817
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cockrell Hill4.93 miles away4810 West Illinois Dallas Texas 75211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 467-3788