Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Duncanville, Texas. With an overall rating of C, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our assessment, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this nursing home's inspection grade exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a B+ in this category, which is a quality score. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category scores was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.61539 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. When calculating our nursing scores, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a low total compared with most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this facility really didn't perform well. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this was this facility's poorest area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is considered to be a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. With a grade in this range for this area, we were not stunned to find this facility was well below average in two of the key staffing metrics we focus on. The nursing home supplied significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which have experienced falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 4.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 94.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Duncanville Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Crescent Medical Center LancasterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away2600 West Pleasant Run Road Lancaster Texas 75146Physician(972) 230-8888
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 11.41 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Liberty Dialysis - Charlton0.79 miles away3571 W Wheatland Road Suite 103 Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 518-5731
- Redbird Dialysis Center1.01 miles away4111 Camp Wisdom Rd Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (972) 709-0212
- Liberty Dialysis - Duncanville1.18 miles away1038 Us Highway 67 Duncanville Texas 75137CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 302-0238
- Duncanville Dialysis1.68 miles away270 E Highway 67, Suite 100 Duncanville Texas 75137Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 296-4911
- Fmc South Dallas County4.14 miles away1111 W Ledbetter Drive Suite 800 Dallas Texas 75224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (214) 371-2485
- Desoto Regional Dialysis Center LLC4.54 miles away2651 Bolton Boone Drive Building B Desoto Texas 75115CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 780-5991
- Lynwick Dialysis, LLC4.67 miles away439 E Fm 1382 Cedar Hill Texas 75104Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 291-5817
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cockrell Hill4.93 miles away4810 West Illinois Dallas Texas 75211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 467-3788