Dulles Health & Rehab Center is a large nursing home located in Herndon, Virginia. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. You really can't do any better than this place. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dulles Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Herndon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it earned a very impressive short-term care score. This turned out to be its best category. In that area, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Dulles Health & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B+. It performed better than most nursing homes in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.798386 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our final category, we gave this nursing home a A- for our nursing grade. This topped off an elite profile. We assessed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses worked with residents, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dulles Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 8.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 15.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 19.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 5.07% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 88.92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 17.15% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 18.14% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 18.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 12.25 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dulles Health & Rehab Center, 74.96% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Reston Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away1850 Town Center Parkway Reston Virginia 20190Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 689-9000
- Stonesprings Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away24440 Stone Springs Boulevard Sterling Virginia 20166Proprietary(571) 349-4000
- Inova Loudoun HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away44045 Riverside Parkway Leesburg Virginia 20176Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 858-6600
- Inova Fairfax HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away3300 Gallows Road Falls Church Virginia 22042Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 776-4001
- Novant Health Uva Prince William Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away8700 Sudley Rd Manassas Virginia 20110Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 369-8000
- Novant Health Uva Health Haymarket Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away15225 Healthcote Boulevard Haymarket Virginia 20169Voluntary non-profit - Private(571) 284-1000
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.5 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Renal Carepartners of Reston LLC2.32 miles away12330 Pinecrest Rd Ste 200 Reston Virginia 20191Dialysis Stations: 16 (703) 476-0605
- Davita Chantilly Dialysis2.81 miles away14225 Sullyfield Circle Suite A Chantilly Virginia 20151Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 263-1671
- Reston Dialysis Center3.22 miles away530 Huntmar Park Dr Ste D Herndon Virginia 20170CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 437-0414
- Fair Oaks Dialysis6.38 miles away3955 Pender Dr Fairfax Virginia 22030Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 385-5315
- Stone Ridge Dialysis6.66 miles away24640 Southpoint Drive Suite 160 Chantilly Virginia 20152Dialysis Stations: 13 (703) 327-4357
- Cdc - Sterling/Dulles7.01 miles away46396 Benedict Dr Ste 100 Sterling Virginia 20164CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (703) 444-8932
- Renal Carepartners - Fairfax7.23 miles away3930 Walnut Street Suite 100 Fairfax Virginia 22030Dialysis Stations: 17 (703) 691-7820
- Davita Ashburn Dialysis9.63 miles away19980 Highland Vista Drive Suite 100 Ashburn Virginia 20147Dialysis Stations: 17 (571) 223-0451