Dry Harbor Nursing Home is located in Middle Village, New York. We gave this facility an B+ overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dry Harbor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Middle Village senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Middle Village, New York Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also earned top notch government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher grades in this category, with an A. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it was given a favorable long-term care grade. In fact, long-term care ended up being its second most favorable category score. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A-. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.92953 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize negative health outcomes for the nursing home population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Dry Harbor Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a favorable short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B in this area. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Switching gears to our next area, this nursing home was given an excellent nursing score. This nursing home did not prove to have any weaknesses. The nursing score assesses quite a few components, most of which are based on nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dry Harbor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 13.75% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 90.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dry Harbor Nursing Home, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Elmhurst Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.48 miles away79-01 Broadway Elmhurst New York 11373Government - Local(718) 334-1141
- Wyckoff Heights Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away374 Stockholm Street Brooklyn New York 11237Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 963-7272
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Woodhull Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away760 Broadway Brooklyn New York 11206Government - Local(718) 963-8100
- Hospital for Special SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away535 East 70th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 606-1000
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital-New York Weill CornAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away525 East 68th Street New York New York 10065Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 746-5454
- Broadway Dialysis Center at Elmhurst Hospital Center0.96 miles away79-01 Broadway D-7 Wing Elmhurst New York 11373CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 205-7772
- Atlas Park Dialysis1.15 miles away8000 Cooper Ave Ridgewood New York 11385Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 326-2789
- Fms-Queens Kidney Care1.65 miles away60-40 Fresh Pond Road Maspeth New York 11378Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 366-2118
- Usrc South Flushing1.89 miles away71-12 Park Avenue Fresh Meadows New York 11365CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 591-4010
- Genesis Services1.89 miles away74-07 88th Street Ridgewood New York 11385CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (646) 931-1000
- Fms-Queens Artificial Kidney Center1.95 miles away34-35 70th Street Jackson Heights New York 11372CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (718) 651-9700
- Ridgewood Dialysis Center2.53 miles away385 Seneca Avenue Ridgewood New York 11385CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (718) 366-1111
- Rogosin Institute-Queens2.81 miles away66-20 Queens Boulevard Dialysis Ctr. Woodside New York 11377CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (646) 317-7505