Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. The city has a total of 5,999 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road grade. You can definitely do worse than this nursing home. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Washington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in that category, with a grade of A. This is a much better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
This facility earned high scores in our nursing category as well. In fact, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with a score of C. Our nursing grade is mostly based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a low total compared with most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area turned out to be its long-term care grade, where it received a C. In our long-term care grade, we weigh the quantity of care provided by a facility, as well as a few quality statistics. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 64.10959 percent of its residents. This is several points less than average. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this facility received a grade of C for short-term care, which we consider to be a decent rating. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.3% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many would argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 86.27% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dresher Hill Health & Rehabilitation Center, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 2.76 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.43 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington2.91 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita - Abington Dialysis3.17 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall3.33 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis3.44 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis3.85 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy5.52 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis5.86 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Reliant Renal Care - Cheltenham, LLC6.25 miles away7107 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19126Dialysis Stations: 10 (267) 297-8069