Dreier's Nursing Care Center is a small nursing home in Glendale, California. We awarded this nursing home a quality overall score of B. In fact, it proved to be the fourth best facility in Glendale according to our rankings. You could definitely do much worse than this nursing home. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Dreier's Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1400 West Glenoaks Blvd,
Glendale CA 91201
106.41% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received an elite nursing rating. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an A-. Our nursing score looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Dreier's Nursing Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given an impressive short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that area with a score of B. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 3.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, where we gave this nursing home a grade of C in that category. Our long-term care scores are more important for those in need of more conventional services related to personal care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dreier's Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents that experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dreier's Nursing Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.79 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Fmc-Burbank2.29 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830
- Davita-Burbank Dialysis2.54 miles away1211 N. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank California 91504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 842-5576
- Fmc-West Glendale2.56 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles3.16 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset3.16 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis3.3 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Davita-North Glendale3.3 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis3.36 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712