Doylestown Health Care Center is located in Doylestown, Ohio. This proved to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Doylestown Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Doylestown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is that it received an impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Not many facilities performed better in this area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.50495 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Doylestown Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a decent grade of C. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. We were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this place. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Our final category is nursing, where we gave this facility a C in that area. There are numerous criteria included in this category. Many of these subcategories reflect staffing levels. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Doylestown Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 7.92% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 10.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 15.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 1.03% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 98.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 2.48% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 2.48% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Doylestown Health Care Center, 64.39% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.14 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.8 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.05 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Wooster Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.14 miles away1761 Beall Avenue Wooster Ohio 44691Government - Local(330) 263-8100
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.05 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.88 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Us Renal Care Norton Home Therapies4.8 miles away3300 Greenwich Road Suite 13 Barberton Ohio 44203Dialysis Stations: 5 (330) 825-2354
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis5.02 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis6.06 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Davita - Coventry Dialysis8.1 miles away3235 Manchester Road, Suite 9 Akron Ohio 44319Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 645-9453
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC9.52 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540
- Fmc - Akron West10.14 miles away3558 Ridgewood Rd Akron Ohio 44333Dialysis Stations: 6 (330) 668-6200
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis10.38 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083
- Fmc White Pond10.57 miles away690 White Pond Dr., Suite 101 Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 835-9047