Dover Manor is located in Georgetown, Kentucky. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some respectable scores. This place has some things going for it. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
112 Dover Drive,
Georgetown KY 40324
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We want to note that this nursing home received favorable marks for short-term care this year. We gave them one of our better grades in that category, with a B+. This proved to be the facility's best score and helped its profile overall. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is more often than not a meaningful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a strong long-term care score. As a matter of fact, we awarded them a grade of B in this category, which happens to be one of our better. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 90.34749 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat lower than we expected but still a respectable figure. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Dover Manor?
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. We looked at the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses spent with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Turning the last category of inspections, this nursing home did not fare well. It received an F in this category. This pulled this facility's overall score down as we heavily weight this category. For facilities with bad inspection scores, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Lastly, we also would like to point out that this facility was assessed significant government fines in recent years totaling more than $100,000. This typically suggests that a nursing home's bad track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dover Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dover Manor, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dover Manor, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dover Manor, 2.74% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients which have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dover Manor, 15.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dover Manor, 28.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dover Manor, 8.85% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dover Manor, 90.04% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dover Manor, 15.42% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dover Manor, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
In Dover Manor, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dover Manor, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dover Manor, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dover Manor, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.37 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Bourbon Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away9 Linville Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Proprietary(859) 987-3600
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away1210 Ky Hwy 36 E Cynthiana Kentucky 41031Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 234-2300
- Fmc - Georgetown Dialysis Clinic1.63 miles away98 Mary Lynn Drive Georgetown Kentucky 40324Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 867-3855
- Fmc - Lexington North6.44 miles away1610 Leestown Rd., Suite 180 Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 25 (859) 254-0671
- Dci - Lexington9.34 miles away100 Venture Court Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 32 (859) 252-7712
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East11.85 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training13.66 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Dci - South Lexington14.21 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Davita - Versailles Dialysis14.55 miles away480 Lexington Road Ste, E Versailles Kentucky 40383Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 256-0110
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis14.88 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084