Dover Manor is located in Georgetown, Kentucky. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. In our view, you would be better off to steer clear of this facility. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Dover Manor has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
Unfortunately, we gave this facility some really poor grades. Among them were its F for its nursing grade. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's host of terrible scores was its F in the area of short-term care. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Given its abysmal rating in this category, we were not stunned to discover that this facility offers significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Dover Manor?
Unfortunately, this place received a lowly F for its inspection grade. When a nursing home has this bad of an inspection rating, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. It doesn't look like we have information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel grade in this category as well. We gave it an F in this category, which is definitely somewhat alarming. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 93.49593 percent of its residents, which is somewhat below what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dover Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dover Manor, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dover Manor, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients which have sustained a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dover Manor, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dover Manor, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dover Manor, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dover Manor, 8.14% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dover Manor, 89.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dover Manor, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dover Manor, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
In Dover Manor, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dover Manor, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dover Manor, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dover Manor, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.37 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Bourbon Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away9 Linville Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Proprietary(859) 987-3600
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away1210 Ky Hwy 36 E Cynthiana Kentucky 41031Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 234-2300
- Fmc - Georgetown Dialysis Clinic1.63 miles away98 Mary Lynn Drive Georgetown Kentucky 40324Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 867-3855
- Fmc - Lexington North6.44 miles away1610 Leestown Rd., Suite 180 Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 25 (859) 254-0671
- Dci - Lexington9.34 miles away100 Venture Court Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 32 (859) 252-7712
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East11.85 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training13.66 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Dci - South Lexington14.21 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Davita - Versailles Dialysis14.55 miles away480 Lexington Road Ste, E Versailles Kentucky 40383Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 256-0110
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis14.88 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084