Dover Manor is located in Georgetown, Kentucky. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. In our view, you would be better off to steer clear of this facility. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Georgetown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Neither this place's overall grade nor its category grades gave us anything positive to point out. Its best category was short-term care, but even there it received a grade of just D. In our short-term care category, we try to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's next most respectable category is long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this area, it still fared somewhat badly. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 93.79085 percent of its patients. This is somewhat lower than we expected but still a decent percentage. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Dover Manor?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Our nursing grade weighs a handful of datapoints, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
The final category we assessed is inspections. Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive favorable inspection reports in recent years. Consequently, we had to give it an F in this category. When a facility has this poor of an inspection score, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Lastly, we also would like to point out that this facility was assessed significant government fines in recent years totaling more than $100,000. This typically suggests that a nursing home's bad track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dover Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dover Manor, 9.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dover Manor, 3.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dover Manor, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients which have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dover Manor, 16.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dover Manor, 29.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dover Manor, 8.23% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dover Manor, 89.41% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dover Manor, 16.24% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dover Manor, 15.8% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
In Dover Manor, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dover Manor, 15.8 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dover Manor, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dover Manor, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.37 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Bourbon Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away9 Linville Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Proprietary(859) 987-3600
- Harrison Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away1210 Ky Hwy 36 E Cynthiana Kentucky 41031Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 234-2300
- Fmc - Georgetown Dialysis Clinic1.63 miles away98 Mary Lynn Drive Georgetown Kentucky 40324Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 867-3855
- Fmc - Lexington North6.44 miles away1610 Leestown Rd., Suite 180 Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 25 (859) 254-0671
- Dci - Lexington9.34 miles away100 Venture Court Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 32 (859) 252-7712
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East11.85 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training13.66 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Dci - South Lexington14.21 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Davita - Versailles Dialysis14.55 miles away480 Lexington Road Ste, E Versailles Kentucky 40383Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 256-0110
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis14.88 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084